Bought a 9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Yesterday I decided I wanted a Different carry/Truck gun. I went to the LGS and since I was buying another (ordering another) Pistol I looked in the used case and bought a 9E. After the un-thought purchase, and getting it home I decided that the feel of the pistol in my small hands was really good. It's length of pull is excellent for smaller hands. I hear they are not very accurate and time will tell when I get it to the range. But for a self defense weapon it should do the trick nicely. I don't ever seeing me having to shoot in self defense at 25 yards anyway.

So far so good with it. Oh and the best thing that has always kept me from buying my favorite brand (Ruger) of auto pistol. No LCI that is great.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
You might have to get a taller front site. NIB came with 3 sights, and I had to put the tallest one on. Other than that it's pretty accurate - at least mine is.

This was 3 full mags, draw, point and shoot, both eyes open, ignored sights. From about 20ft a couple weeks ago.

eXozDyB.jpg

greyrush

Bearcat
The 9E is a good gun. For me it has always been reliable, consistent, etc. I took a chance on buying it last year, basically an unknown quantity, but I was quickly satisfied. Here's a pic of a target sheet the day after I bought the gun. Can't hardly complain.

th1ejeI.jpg

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Thanks for the comments. I am hoping the sight on it is the bigger sight. It was purchased used and no box or anything with it. Good looking targets guy's.
Thanks

teuthis

Single-Sixer
My 9E is my favorite semi-auto handgun, and now Ruger has dropped it. I think if I see another one around I will purchase it. I like it better than my Ruger American, which I also like.

gunman42782

Hunter
I love the 9E. It's the only gun I ever had that fits my hand as good, maybe even a little better, than a 1911. I carry it most of the time now, every now and then carry the LW Commander just because.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
It is very comfortable in hand. Even small hands

After you've had it for a while, you might want to look at some aftermarket performance products for it.

Galloway Precision has a couple things. I'd recommend the steel guide rod and captured spring, and possibly the trigger kit. https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr9-and-sr40/

Pachmayr Grip Glove: https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/pachmayr/handgun-grips/semi-auto-grips/tactical-grip-gloves.html

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
GunnyGene,
That's funny because I did not realize that it did not have the original guide rod not in it. My guide rod it captured. So now I am wondering what else has been done to the pistol.

gunman42782

Hunter
jstanfield103 said:
GunnyGene,
That's funny because I did not realize that it did not have the original guide rod not in it. My guide rod it captured. So now I am wondering what else has been done to the pistol.

The original guide rod IS captured.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
GunnyGene,

I got it because I wanted the 20# spring, instead of the oem 18#. Reduces muzzle flip some with heavy +P ammo. Stainless rod was just gravy, but also avoids confusion if I ever decide to put the original back in. :)