Blackhawk-.327 Fedl. Mag. -pleasant to shoot!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Got a quick chance to try this puppy out at the range before the daylight ran out -only at the 15 yd range and only 8 rds of the .327 and 7 of the .32 H& R mag. -no recoil w/ either and very pleasant to fire -I am very glad i got my hands on one of these and really look forward to trying this out at the 25 yd range where I can sight this puppy in properly.
it will save wear and tear on the Single sixes and the Smith 19s' I have. When i looked in the safe -forgot i got my hands on a Bisley single six in the .32 H & R some time ago-pleasant surprise-the thing even comes w/ the box and papers. Am very fond of the .327 BH though-a gift from a very grateful client-and a wonderful surprise for me- money from clients is great -but gifts like this from people one gets a God Given Chance to help has no price tag. Very special piece.

jazzman

Single-Sixer
Congratulations on the blackhawk. I fondled one today at the local gun store. Still trying to decide. I thought it felt a little heavy but I am more accustomed to single sixes, and my polymer frame guns. Hopefully ammo will become more available in the near future.

Jim

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Had a problem w/ the ammo also and was pleasantly surprised to fonf the American eagle stuff in boxes of 50 locally-the ammo is not inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination-but I have plenty of H& R Mag stuff that has no recoil in the piece at all. Nice shooter.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I'm really wanting one in the GP100, but I wish that they still offered the grips with inserts...It would definately been easier to justify to the wifey!

jazzman

Single-Sixer
I got a chance to fire my 327 sp101 today. I tried the American Eagle first. They were a little snappy. I then tried the Federal 85 grain personal defense low recoil hydra shoks. They were very pleasant to shoot out of the sp. No extraction problems, gun handled great. I just can't make up my mind about my next purchase, either the gp100 or blackhawk in 327.

Jim

nn

Single-Sixer
I wanted the blackhawk, saw the GP100 first and got it. Like it.

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Sighted this puppy in yesterday @ 25 yds. The American Eagle stuff has a little punch to it compared to the Federal lo recoil but is much more accurate. A string in the 10X. Tried out some 32 H&R's also- forgot what a pleasant little caliber this .32 is. This little BH is definitely a favorite among my repitoire. Kind of nice having the range to myself and seeing and visiting my old buddy from the Sheriffs dept. who provides security at the range.

Axehandle

Buckeye
No doubt we love our 357s, 44s, 45s, 475s, and 50s but in this time of the dwindling dollar the 32 is much cheaper to feed.... Powder and lead go much farther with the 32... Heck the 440 grains for one 500L bullet will make four 110 grain 32 bullets... Still shooting the big bores but ending up with a lot of 32 bore guns and bullet molds myself..

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Any day at the range even a not so good one is better than a good day at the office. I am in such a God awful profession 30+ years now-where people have disputes that they just cannot settle and injustices are so rife-that a respite from the hatred is necessary to renew one's spirit is essential-Church-of course is the primary respite-shooting paper is the second for me. Going to the range again this morning. Popping a few .22s with my gunsmith