Blackhawk .30Carbine?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SgtSam

Bearcat
I have an offer of a brand-new New Model Blackhawk, .30 Carbine, for $430 OTD!

What thinks everyone of this price? I haven't found one cheaper anywhere.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I've been been told that this is a piece that can be very enjoyable to shoot, "especially" when you hand load for it.

blitzen25cat

Bearcat
Hey Sarge I had one at one time and wish that I never sold it. The only down side that I could find is it is very load--ear splitting loud. I had to wear plugs+muffs. Sounds like a decent price. I would get another if I could find a decent one. Best regards. I'll try to send some pics of some of my rugers but am having a hard time with this old computer

RonS

Single-Sixer
One of my best friends has one, as far as I know it's the only handgun he owns. It is a blast.

Russell

Bearcat
I had one that would consistently hit a 8" paper plate off of a sandbag @ 100 yards from a rest.

As someone else mentioned, it is a loud gun. I always wore double hearing protection when firing it.

Too bad that .30 carbine ammo costs triple what it did just a few years ago...

dfletcher

Blackhawk
SgtSam said:
I have an offer of a brand-new New Model Blackhawk, .30 Carbine, for $430 OTD!

What thinks everyone of this price? I haven't found one cheaper anywhere.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I've been been told that this is a piece that can be very enjoyable to shoot, "especially" when you hand load for it.

I had one - had, now there's a hint .....

Much as I wanted to like it and already reload for the 30 Carbine (T/C Contender) I couldn't get to like it. Accuracy was lousy with factory stuff, the cases stuck also. I loaded down and IIRC used Sierra 90 grain JHP without much success, still had a few stuck cases, had to always remove the cylinder and drive out one or two per cylinder.

I bought a Weaver brand "no drill" scope base and that's the one thing that went very well. The thing went on easy and stayed put.

trapperon

Blackhawk
SgtSam

Sounds like a very good price on a new one. I have been thinking about picking one up as well. Perhaps they just produced another small run of them, as I just saw one on the shelf at my local dealer as well. I know they are not all that popular, but you just dont seem to see them around all too often.
The awesome taper on that 7.5 inch barrel, the loudest "crack" of a report you will ever hear, and the wicked flame streaming out the muzzle all make for a very unique and impressive Blackhawk.
Let us know if you snag it!!!!

Ron

stantheman86

Buckeye
I have an AMT Automag III .30 Carbine and it's a lot of fun.......I missed out on an Old Model unconverted .30 Blackhawk for $400, lightly used with the yellow box at a local gun shop. One of those things we have all done.....the gun was sitting for months, I would always look at it and figure "Ahhh it'll be here" and the one time I went back intent on buying it, it was gone.

SgtSam

Bearcat
Well, I called the dealer today and told him I wanted it. It's now being held for me. I've done quite a bit of business with this dealer and he's willing to trust me. I'll go in and pick it up Thursday.

I've been doing some digging on what is available for reloading data for the Blackhawk. There's actually quite a bit of it. I'll be able to load up some nice plinking loads for it as well as some really hot loads tailored to the revolver. I'll just have to wait a little and see how much different they are than factory loads for the M1 Carbine in terms of "crack" and "flame".

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
They are sweet shooting guns I have 2. One I cut down to 4 5/8" because ruger doesn't offer it factory made. I enjoy mine a lot.

SgtSam

Bearcat
I picked it up today. I'll post pictures later.

Don't know if anyone is interested, but...............! My dealer informed me that he has two more in stock that he's willing to sell at $400.00 each, plus $20.00 shipping. Of course you'll have to pay your FFL at your end. And, if you reside in IL you'll have to pay sales tax. Go to www.mcsfirearms.com if you're interested in one.

P.S. I get nothing out of this other than "goodwill"!