Bisley Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
ruggedruger said:
WIL TERRY said:
But the 22MAG cylinder from my 1965 SSS fits and shoots perfectly in my 1995 Bisley 22.

That's good news, provided the dealer that has one for sale a while back, still has that gun. I'll be headed that way soon...

BUT DO NOT FORGET, it is nothing but shiqluck whether a different 22MAG cylinder will fit another pistol, or not !

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the reminder.

Now, let's keep the thread going...for an inexperienced guy like me, how can I tell whether it's an original gun, or if the frame's been switched? I do recall that the grip did not meet the frame (on the side, at the top) as well as I'd have thought it would. I did not note the serial #, nor take a pic.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
On the gun, you said there the grip frame was flush on one side with a 1/16" difference on the other. On all the factory Bisley's, including this one that I have, the grip frame to frame fit is always flush, as they are match polished together to get that fit.

I'd say someone changed frames out on you at some point in time. You could get the serial number and call Ruger Service. They may be nice enough to tell you what model the gun was shipped as.