Big iron owners check in

Help Support Ruger Forum:

You said "big iron" not "big lead", so my Stainless Blackhawk 327 Fed Mag, built on the Super Blackhawk frame will qualify as big iron because it just has small holes through it!
Of course if sheer power is your quest, full snort 327 Federal Mag loads are fire breathing and ground shaking! I guess you would have to call if "the Mouse that Roared!!" :LOL:
🐸
You make me Giggle. This is within 300fps of 460S&W's fastest load!!!

Last edited:

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Was thinking of getting one of these. Am I committing suicide?
Nah...I do wear a shooting glove when shooting full-boogie loads just because my hands are built "funny" and it really grabs the web between thumb and forefinger, but I can dump all six on a 12 inch gong at ten yards in less than three seconds. Like managing any heavy-recoiling gun, a lot of it is realizing it may hurt to shoot, but it's not going to permanently injure you. Wearing plugs and muffs also helps. With Ruger-level 45 Colt loads, it is downright fun to shoot.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Nah...I do wear a shooting glove when shooting full-boogie loads just because my hands are built "funny" and it really grabs the web between thumb and forefinger, but I can dump all six on a 12 inch gong at ten yards in less than three seconds. Like managing any heavy-recoiling gun, a lot of it is realizing it may hurt to shoot, but it's not going to permanently injure you. Wearing plugs and muffs also helps. With Ruger-level 45 Colt loads, it is downright fun to shoot.
Or, try bicycle or weightlifting gloves.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
Most of the folks here have worked hard for what they have. Once the family is taken care of spending a bit on yourself is well earned. Heck, I accumulated fairly few firarms until the kids were grown. Now the wife buys jewelry, I buy guns. Or as the bumper sticker says "I'm spending my kids inheritance".
My kid's "trust fund" is a safe full of revolvers 😃

RSIno1

Hunter
When I think of big iron, it has to be at least a .44 and have a plow handle or Bisley style grip :) .
I'm in the 44+ boat too. I've got a Super Blackhawk and would love to own a 44 Automag or Desert Eagle in 50.
The other big iron I've got is a 2004 Ford Excursion 4x4. It won't even fit in the garage.

My Big Iron 454 Redhawk.
46150077415_421fed50f5_b.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Greetings, Gentlemen,
I will try to post a photo of one of my big irons. It .577 Boxer. 450 gr. bullet @ 650 fps.View attachment 28528
Hmmm. Unless I'm mistaken, anything over.50 cal is an NFA weapon(except shotguns). Or is that just applied to modern guns? I think several States laws prohibit .50cal or larger, but don't specify the firearm.

Last edited: