Are the P94 and P91 barrels interchangeable?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Accept

Single-Sixer
I have a .40 caliber Ruger P91DC and I saw an extended ported barrel for a .40 caliber P94 and would like to know if the 91 and 94 barrels are interchangeable? Thank you.

roylt

Hunter
I'm pretty sure the 91 is longer. So the 94 port might be inside the slide and wouldn't work. Now if you had a 94 and wanted to use a 91 barrel that may work.

This is just my opinion but I'm pretty sure.

If you want to PM me where you saw the extra 94 barrel I could use it.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
The P91 barrel is 2mm longer than the stock P94 barrel Accept. 110 mm for the stock P91 barrel.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/usa/ruger-p-series-e.html

Both my P94 with a swinging link design and my P944 with a cam block design measure between 106-107mm.

I remember a thread a few years back where the P91 barrel was tested and was working in a P94. Of course it would need to be the swinging link designed P94 (early) and I remember the comment of "the barrel sticks out a bit more". I'm not finding that thread right now.

I can get you a picture of one of my swinging link barrels if you like. I don't know that I would be comfortable unless I had both barrels in hand and was able to test them in the firearm after looking them over and measuring many dimensions of each barrel.

Wixed

Accept

Single-Sixer
Thank you both for the replies, I appreciate it. The 94 and 91 have barrels of different lengths and even though the barrel I'm looking at is extended it's not made for the P91 so I think I'm going to pass on it. Thanks again.

Roylt, pm coming.

Accept

Single-Sixer
I e-mailed EFK and they called me and weren't sure if the P94 barrel would fit and function in the P91. E-mailed Ruger on Thursday and waiting for a reply. Below is a photo of the barrel I'm asking about.

barrel1.jpg