Anyone heard about Ruger PC carbines coming back?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knecht

Single-Sixer
I really like the PC9 carbine, never had a chance to shoot it but I'd buy one for sure if they ever made it back to the market. Anyone ever heard of such plans?

There are only couple of these in our country and thus their prices are quite steep. I love the P89 and have collected many mags for it, so this rifle would be great companion to it. It would also fill the pistol carbine-shaped hole in my armory.

gunman42782

Hunter
I sincerely doubt Ruger would bring the PC carbines back out. They didn't sell well enough to keep them in the catalog, so it is unlikely they would try again.

Razor

Bearcat
And even if the did start producing them again, I'd bet they would use SR9 mags

Knecht

Single-Sixer
Hmm, too bad. Perhaps they would sell better now when ammo prices went up (or is it just over here?) and 9mm is one of the calibers that still seems to remain reasonably cheap and is easily reloaded at home.

Also, I'm not sure about the exact construction of the PC carbines, but maybe there could be an exchangeable magazine well made for both P-series and SR series. That would be cool.
And if they made it able to accept Glock magazines as well, the sales would go up fast IMO.

welder

Buckeye
I agree. And if Glock built a carbine they could not make them fast enough either. A yearly rumor at SHOT concerning the Glock carbine that never sees the light of day, sadly.

Knecht

Single-Sixer
I like this toy as well, but haven't seen one in semi-auto around yet.

silver-shadow-gilboa-9mm-smg.jpg

http://www.gilboa-rifle.com/Gilboa-Firearms/9mm-SMG/

Grand Power factory (Slovakia) also announced they are going to develope a 9 and 45 carbine and since they are trying to compete both Glock and CZ, they tend to rather reasonable prices on their products so far. The founder and owner of GP is an open-minded man who designed his pistols by himself, so we may yet see some interesting carbine from him. Good news for me is, spare parts would be available just across the border. If I ever score a PC9 and need any parts replaced, I'm screwed.

federali

Bearcat
The idea of a Ruger carbine accepting Glock magazines was once presented to Bill Ruger, who did his best to imitate Joe Biden and replied that if Glock wanted a carbine, they could build their own damned carbine.

There is also the matter of patent infringement. It becomes a sticky legal situation.

For whatever reason, M-1 carbine inspired commercial products don't seem to last. Look at the Marlin camp carbine, the Ruger .44 carbines etc.

jgr1974

Single-Sixer
I would buy one for sure in any mag configuration! Maybe if they come up with a carbine, someone with machining capabilities could produce a "sleeve" to change to different mags. I so want a pc4, but am not a p series fan. Would really be nice to have a pistol rifle combo.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
KEEP DREAMING!
RUGER WILL NEVER EVER MAKE ANOTHER PC9/PC4 CARBINE.THE P SERIES GUNS ARE OLD DESIGN BUT ..............................................
AN SR9 CARBINE POSSIBLY ...BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT