Anyone have a Super Blackhawk Hunter in 41 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
After having my 45 LC 7.5 inch a few weeks now , iam really liking the long barrel for accuracy , my boss is wanting to buy my new model Blackhawk in 41 , so , iam thinking on a longer barrel in 41 Mag. Seems the older run of 41 bisleys in 41 are hard to find , so id been overlooking the Hunter models they make now , at first thought , they didnt have that "cowboy" look like the blackhawks , but , iam thinking I could live with that , and should probly be a good shooter , love to hear your experience with the Hunter 41 ,and what ya think on em , also Davidsons has one with Bisley grip .Thanks :)

USAFA71

Bearcat
Love mine! Got it as a companion to my Marlin 1894 FG. Planned on putting some type of optic on it for hunting, but haven't yet. Rapidly approaching 70, my eyes don't do iron sights well, but this gun shoots as well as any I have ever used. With the long barrel, it is a bit muzzle heavy, but I really like it. Enough that when I saw a stainless Bisley 41 magnum, I grabbed it! If you reload, I think you will love it. If you don't, ammo is not as common as some calibers, but you will still love it!

G2

Hunter
The Hunter's are nice guns, the solid ribbed barrel does add some weight and in the 41 really settles it down, but with that said it is a heavy gun.
I sold my 41 & 44 Bisley Hunter's because I found I preferred the 5.5" Bisley.

I did keep my 45Colt Bisley Hunter, it has been my "place" holder for the Hunter's in my accumulation. :roll:

lolbell

Single-Sixer
Really like the 41 Hunter. Killed a few deer with it. Mine does 5" 5 shot groups @ 100 yds with hand loads using IMR4227 and a 210 grain XTP.

G2

Hunter
cbnutt said:
G2 , could you shoot the 5.5 as accurately as the Hunter ?

My 41 Acusport Bisley is hands down my favorite gun out of everything I own.

If it ever got down to "Pick One" that's the One.

Now understand because it's been my favorite, I have spent hours and lots of $$ getting it just right. :wink:

32magfan

Blackhawk
I stumbled on the 45 Colt Bisley Hunter first, then the 44, and finally bought a 41Mag to complete the "trio". I never put an optic on the 41. I never thought I would care for a scope on a revolver but these changed my mind. A 12" gong at 110 yards was no problem to hit with any of them, even the 41 with open sights. The gong is sadly no longer in service at my range.

My SBH Hunter really liked home cast 210 SWC and Berry's plated 41 bullets.

32Magfan

contender

Ruger Guru
I have one of the 41 Mag Super Hunters myself. Mine isn't the Bisley gripped one,,, but it's still a great handling handgun. I haven't taken mine hunting,,, but I'd NOT hesitate to do so. I've just been using other guns instead.
If it were me,,, I'd keep my Blackhawk, and just buy the Hunter!

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
I've had 41 Hunters with both grip frames. They were very accurate and handled recoil really well. But, I sold them both for one reason......heavy. They weigh a ton for what they are, add a scope and it gets worse. I just prefer hunting up close with iron-sighted guns so they were a bit much for me. Now the 5.5" Bisley, well that's a different story.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
I love mine. Super accurate to 50 yards open sights if I do my part. Trigger was gritty and long until I had a "smith" smooth it up. Now its lighter and light glass. I am handloading the old Sierra 220 gr silhouette bullet, I cannot remember the powder, I believe it is H110. You won't be disappointed.