Almost a Brassie!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
This is as close to a brassie as you can get without being a real brassie!
Letters as a June '71 edition that included a brass grip frame with the gun... :D
001.jpg

002.jpg

americal

Hunter
NICE SUPER :!: :!: Those grip panels are really great--I have always thought supers had some really nice figured walnut in them --thanks for picture :D from Limestone co. :wink:

AKGrouch

Bearcat
This looks quite alot like one I saw about 3 or 4 weeks ago at the last Alaska Gun Collector's gun show. The guy selling it wasn't actually advertising it as a brassie, just that he had a letter that showed the brass frame came with the gun which justified a quite higher price. I want to say he wanted $800 or $900 for it but am not positive...don't remember if he had the original frame for it or not. The brass frame was on the weapon and about the same vintage if I remember correctly. If you just got this one, I wonder if they are one and the same........ :?:

Axehandle

Buckeye
While I couldn't be 100% sure it does sound like the guns have the same type pedigree.... Alabama is a long way from Alaska.... :wink: :D

41 nut

Bearcat
Neat package. With the letter stating the brass grip frame was shipped with the gun it belongs in a collection of brass guns. Excellent find.