Alexander Sturm Problem Fox figurine ( pictures added )

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
jimbo1096 said:
Do you think the person offering up the items was surprised by the $510 selling price? I'll bet!
No more so than people finding these little $3 planters from 1930s Catalina Island's pottery company pulling $1100+
http://austincatalina.com/pgo1/picture.php?/2475/category/2

chet15

Hawkeye
RSIno1 said:
jimbo1096 said:
Do you think the person offering up the items was surprised by the $510 selling price? I'll bet!
No more so than people finding these little $3 planters from 1930s Catalina Island's pottery company pulling $1100+
http://austincatalina.com/pgo1/picture.php?/2475/category/2

Who'd have thunk it?
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Heckuva score . . . congrats!

Out of curiosity, can you identify the type of metal used on the cast versions?

Myself, I think it is potmetal. Not very durable at all.
The one I had somebody dropped it with the tail hitting a hard surface and it bent and cracked at the crease between the fox's back and its tail.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Note the neck on the auction pictures how it looks like it was almost an afterthought that the neck area be slimmed down...almost looks done after-the-fact.
But that slim neck made it to the final production pieces.
Neat stuff!!
Chet15

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Hey Rodney I can give your little guy a good home as well. You're right, they are one of the holy grails but that original sculpture is priceless. I would like to get seven of the metal ones, each one representing the characters in the book.

chet15

Hawkeye
How could it be authenticated?

Good question, because everybody is long gone.
The one thing I would keep with the sculpture fox would be a copy of the auction itself, because there was no inkling whatsoever in the desrcription that it might be a rare piece, and no history about Sturm himself....It was just a name on the bottom of the sculpture to whoever it was that sold it...didn't mean anything evidently. And, it was sold with two other miniature figurines. I believe they were completely oblivious to whether any of the three figurines had any value.

Maybe somebody will eventually find who the maker of the hollow metal foxes.
Time is the enemy however.
Chet15

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Chad, when I contacted the seller she had said it came from an estate that the person collected chuhauha figurines. She assumed that is what it was. She did not know who Sturm was and had little time to research, what little she did she found nothing. She was shocked what it sold for. I have kept all our emails for future reference. If I remember correctly it came out of Pennsylvania.

chet15

Hawkeye
RPM Enterprises said:
Chad, when I contacted the seller she had said it came from an estate that the person collected chuhauha figurines. She assumed that is what it was. She did not know who Sturm was and had little time to research, what little she did she found nothing. She was shocked what it sold for. I have kept all our emails for future reference. If I remember correctly it came out of Pennsylvania.

Yes, Pennsylvania is correct.
Chet15

Latest posts