Ahhhhhhhhh.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

harley

Single-Sixer
Stopped at the LGS today and saw a Leupold 4x pistol scope in the used gun case. $150. Thought to myself that I want a 2x and bought my brushes and left. Never stopped thinking about it. Went back and the guy says "just sold it 5 min ago". Just my luck. I guess the SRH will have to wait for the right scope...

DonD

Single-Sixer
Stan in SC said:
I find that 4X magnifies my natural shake way too much.I have a 2X on my SRH and it is fine for me.YMMV.

Stan in SC

That is certainly the case for me and would do so with 2X as well. Since I don't bench rest with handguns, I need to stay with irons. For reasons I don't understand, I "chase" the dot with red dots so a good set of irons are all I can deal with. Wish it were otherwise. Don

PO2Hammer

Single-Sixer
I can't even manage 2X scopes. Until someone makes a nice 1X scope with crosshairs I have to stick with red dots. Right now I have a Burris Fastfire III on my SA .357 that I like a lot. Good out to 100 yards.

harley

Single-Sixer
I was thinking the same thing. 4x might be too much but I have an unscoped mkIII hunter that it would find a home on if it was too much for the SRH. I guess someone upstairs didn't want me spending any more money this month.