Action Job on a 44 Special Lipseys edition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bronco45

Single-Sixer
Purchased today a used 5.5" Lipsey's Ruger 44 Special. Gun has been carried and shot and looks like some honest use.

Action is crummy, even for a Ruger. Feels like it was machined with an axe.

I have a 4 5/8s Lipseys 44 Spl that has a very decent factory action.

Considering Alan Harton for an action job on the 5.5 Lipseys.

Anyone have his address, phone#?

Anyone got an idea on how long the turnaround time would be?

Boge

Single-Sixer
I just got a gun back from him recently & inquired about having another worked on. He quoted 6 mos. lead time.

ctom3

Bearcat
I just picked my SBH up from Alan today. He did an excellent job of fixing my light primer strike problem for a reasonable price and he turned it around in short order. He even took it to the range and test fired it. Alan apparently fits easy jobs such as mine into his schedule, but his heavier custom work can take a year or more. You would simply have to speak with him to know how long it may take him.

I'm not comfortable giving his contact information on a public forum, so pm me and I will give it to you. Well, ewayte beat me to it. There you go!

gak

Buckeye
Bronco45 - email me for another I've used locally here in Phoenix for years - top notch. Will be much less turn around time (about 2 to 2.5 weeks once he gets it). Alan (and his ilk) are excellent, but they do have the kind of more involved custom projects that keep them mighty busy. CC in a PM, but that hasn't seemed to be working for me lately (at least on my send-end).
----
EDIT: I just noticed your email button is up--I had not seen. Just tried emailing you but it kicked back. Send me an email, get you fixed right up!

Shadow

Single-Sixer
Bronco -
Another smith who does great action work is Jim Stroh at: www.alphaprecision.com. You wouldn't go wrong with either Jim or Alan. Good Luck!
Shadow