SOLD A well cared for very nice collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
Well fiddle sticks fellows my expiration date has jump out at me. For sale as a very nice collection I'm offering the following price of $25,000.00 plus shipping or delivery 500 to 600 miles from my GA location. I'd classify the condition of all the guns at 97% or better.

All of the Vaqueros have had a mild action work done, nothing radical. I believe all but 3 of this collection have the boxes and some papers to go with them.

The first set of 8 plowhandle are large frame models, grips from Chigs, stainless are quilted maple died transparent black, the CCB are red mallee burl from Australia.

GC FullSizeR (00A).jpg

The Birdhead set of 8, are large frame Vaqueros. The 3&3/4 inch barrels are true birdheads, the other six have been converted. I guess one could convert them back to plowhandle and most likely make money on the conversion back. The grips from Chigs, stainless are quilted maple died transparent black, the CCB are red mallee burl from Australia.

GC IMG_1511 (002).jpg

The set of 5 are New Vaqueros mid-frame. The grips are elk stag from Patrick Grashorn.

GC IMG_1327 (002).jpg

Well hells bells I forgot to mention they are all 45 colt.

History of the 9 Single Sixes, all are form Distributor exclusive runs with manufacturing numbers that vary from five hundred to a thousand or more. All the custom work was done by Tyler Gun Works all have action/accuracy work.

The case color set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from BNV 224 & 5-SI the Bisley is from a Cabelas 50th Anniversary NR-5FL-CAB. All three are 22LR only. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley Cabelas was left as is a 5 & ½ inch barrel. Grips from Chigs ambouya burl.

The stainless set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from GKBR 5 & 6F the Bisley is from a KRB-24-FW built as a Bisley fixed sight model. The Plowhandle and Birdhead are convertibles, the Bisley is 22lr only. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley was left as is a 4 & 5/8 inch barrel. Grips from Tyler Gun Works.

The black/blued set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from NR-4FL the Bisley is from a NR-4FL-50 Anniversary model. All three are convertibles. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley was left as is a 4 & ¾ inch. Grips from Chigs African black wood.

GC FullSizeR (004).jpg

GC FullSizeR (006).jpg

GC FullSizeR (002).jpg

GC FullSizeR (008).jpg

I have about 14 or 16 of these locks that go with the guns.

Ruger brass lock FullSizeR (00D).jpg

The knives were made by one of the members here, two of them are out of the quilted maple and the one is from the Mallee burl. The stag knife is from Fire Creek Forge

Knives 1 FullSizeR (002).jpg

I also have a couple of Blackhawks octogen barrel guns Tyler is finishing up. They are special guns/caliber I'll list them on a separate thread or get Bobby to move them to his store for sale and let everyone know. There special alright he's been on them going on 2 years now.

Last edited:

Kaiser_2

Single-Sixer
That's really impressive!

Would love to see the octagons when they are available. Would REALLY love if one was a stainless bisley with a 4 5/8" barrel.

Approximate location in GA?

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
That's really impressive!

Would love to see the octagons when they are available. Would REALLY love if one was a stainless bisley with a 4 5/8" barrel.

Approximate location in GA?
Spoke to Tyler last night he's going to list them in his store I think. He had mentioned several time he has had some his Texans in and out of his place looking at them with an Oh Wow. No to the stainless, one is a Plowhandle and the other is Bisley both blue 4 &1/2 barrels. I had money on account with him, he is refunding so I'm not sure what price he'll asking.

Central GA

contender

Ruger Guru
Folks,, here is a STUNNING set of well done custom handguns. If you have desires,, this is a great place to start a collection.

Jim,, you are in my prayers my friend. Text me if I can help in any way. (And yes,, I got your other text & will mention things around.)

Wow, I completely missed this thread. Haven't heard about the health issue, either. You will be in my prayers. You have an excellent eye for custom handguns. Bobby Tyler is working on one for me as well, but mostly basic action work. These are beautiful. So thankful they sold for you. I have followed your threads with great interest and hope you can beat this issue.

Latest posts