A Great Day

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
Well Guys,
This weekend was our annual fly-in at our Airpark.
The Theme was Honoring Combat Pilots and Crews. We had 35 Honorees from WWII to the Gulf War. Most were Navy Viet Nam Pilots, GO NAVY :D There were also two Viet Nam POWS.
We also had a flight of 3 Stearmans and a flight of 4 Beechcraft to fly a missing man formation for two of our neighbors that went West this year. Trey was the missing man pilot in our Bonanza for my friend of 50 years.
On Friday Son Brought up the SNJ to give rides and Chad arrived after class at Texas A&M.
I thought it was about time Chad soloed the Two Winger and of course he agreed and said he was ready. His word was good enough for me.
Sorry the pictures aren't that good.
The Solo.

Taking a WWII Vet for a ride. He flew the SNJ before going to fighters. I'm pretty sure with his health problems it will be his last ride.

Three Generations Trey Lead Chad dash 2 and me dash 3

The Son and Grandson having fun.

opos

Buckeye
Did you cut his shirt? Great pictures...congrats....nice things you do with the family....

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
NAAAAAAAAAAAAA He already has his private. He did his solo on his 16th birthday and flew 4 planes that day, just not the Starduster. He now probably has 500-600 hours.

opos

Buckeye
Wyandot Jim said:
NAAAAAAAAAAAAA He already has his private. He did his solo on his 16th birthday and flew 4 planes that day, just not the Starduster. He now probably has 500-600 hours.

Bit like my oldest..solo on the 16th birthday in a Citabria...nice birthday.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
High flying weekend there. ...and a great theme and participation. Congratulations well done. :D

4kdave

Blackhawk
Great pics of one in the front seat & one in the rear seat...must have been a fun day !!!

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
Fabulous stuff Jim! Wow! You and those you touch are truly blessed.[/quote

Thanks RH and all the rest.
Not a big deal it is just what we do. We as pilots want to pass the "The Fire in the Belly". If we don't it will die out.
Jim and Family