A few Trail Cam Pictures---More Added 12-22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pretty slow weekend on the forums so I thought I would entertain with a few recent trail cam pictures. These are off a cheap Tasco trail cam and all less than 100 yards from the house. Apparently I needed to change the time and date when I change the batteries---so pay no attention to the time and date. I lose a few chicken now and then and use them for camera bait. I also have a nice apple tree that provided bait for the deer.

You can tell the date was correct on this one because there are leaves on the trees. This was one of MANY buzzards that came in for a chicken lunch.
PicnicLunch.jpg

This was after a battery change without fixing the time and date. This redtail is a certified chicken killer. :evil:
ChickenKiller.jpg

This one was some time during the past week.
SayCheese.jpg

This one was also just this last week. This guy was a nice 4x4 but got his back right tine busted off in the past month. We have another 4x4 around that is similar but a bit narrower and he is missing his left rear tine. The light in the background is the overhead driveway light. Just to the right there is a very faint light. This is my stand/blind---also known as my home office.
3X4.jpg

I am a bit technology challenged. I just learned how to change the size of photos in photobucket. Can anyone tell me what size to make them so they come out nice and big when I post them on a forum, or is each forum different???

Let me know what you think---if you folks like seeing this stuff I have more. When I pulled it yesterday I had 420 photos---lots of me on the mower. :oops: I whittled them down to about 75 that were worth keeping.

Here are a few more.

This little buck was hatched this spring---if you look real close and you can see his little stumps. This photo also gives up my secret "stand" location. No---there are no holes in the screen, but it sure does come out easier than any other in the house. :wink: Just under 50 yards from the window to the salt lick.
Stumpy.jpg

This doe was hanging around during the summer with no fawns. Wonder if the HLS she appears to have could have caused her to not have kids?? :?:
HLS1.jpg

This guy looks to be sounding the dinner bell---calling the entire family to come and get it. We hear them just about every night. I aways figured they were close, but didn't really think they were this close. :eek:
DinnerBellHowl.jpg

This guy must be done with the dinner and does not want to share. :shock:
PissOnIt.jpg

We almost never see these blacktail bucks except during the rut. They are about 98% nocturnal except during November. This season I had 7 differnt bucks come on the property. They don't come in the yard because the dog has free run, but they know where the dog can't get.
1---stumpy/button buck
1 small spike
1 small fork
1 large fork
1 regular 4x4 missing one tine on his rear left
1 wide 4x4 missing one tine on his rear right
1 3x stump which is about 6" tall but covered with little bumps

A

Anonymous

AJGUNNER said:
This photo also gives up my secret "stand" location. No---there are no holes in the screen, but it sure does come out easier than any other in the house. :wink: Just under 50 yards from the window to the salt lick.

I love looking at trail-cam and game-cam photos (keep meaning to get a couple myself), and the one of the Red Tail Hawk is particularly nice...but please tell me you don't shoot deer over a salt lick from the comfort of a room in your house? You were just joking about that, weren't you?

The only sniper work from the window has been ground squirrels and starlings. The silver grey and red fox squirrels get a free pass because they don't do any harm. Only had 1 opportunity to poke a coyote, and he paid the price of standing still for the hot lead shampoo. I have not drawn an elk tag in 9 years or a deer tag for 3 years---pretty much tells the story of hunting in Oregon. While I could get an over the counter tag and hunt the yard, these little deer are more like pets. Even though that 4x4 is a very nice blacktail, I would bet that he would only go about 135lbs on the hoof. I have also learned that the deer don't seem to even use the salt lick. It was left by a neighbor when his horses were here for a visit, but the deer have not touched it as far as I can tell.

If you liked that hawk photo, check back in a few days. I had another chicken die this week so laid it out in front of the camera. I have seen them on it twice but figured I would wait a few days to pull all the photos. I also put the T-day turkey carcass out before the chicken died. It was gone the first morning so I should have pictures of something on there---racoon, coyote, skunk, fox, bobcat, cougar---wait and see in a few days.

Does this guy look guilty. :shock:

Trailcam12-14-13046.jpg

It was extra cold here for about a week (below freezing 24/7) and I think the hawk had trouble picking it apart. It was moved everyday, but never really eaten.I was surprised to see who else came by and spent time checking it out after dark. :eek:

Trailcam12-14-13071.jpg

Brought home a cooked chicken from costco and after picking it apart, I put the carcass out to see who wanted to finish off the cooked chicken dinner. 1 night, and there was not a single scrap of anything left.

Trailcam12-14-13016.jpg