77/22 Hornet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hairtrigger

Single-Sixer
I am trying to get some one to make me a shim for the bolt. Is any one here interested in one? Will a 77/22 or benefit from a shim also?

DGV

Bearcat
Are you trying to reduce the slop in the 2 piece bolt? I sent mt Ruger 22 hornet to Connecticut Precision Chambering. Talk to Randy. He did a great job on bolt and a K Hornet conversion

Clark

Bearcat
DGV said:
Are you trying to reduce the slop in the 2 piece bolt? I sent mt Ruger 22 hornet to Connecticut Precision Chambering. Talk to Randy. He did a great job on bolt and a K Hornet conversion

How does your K-Hornet shoot now? I've read great things about CPC and their services but less so about the results with a 77/Hornet.

Hairtrigger said:
Exactly what I am looking for without spending over one hundred dollars.

I've got a 77/22 and was thinking of doing the same thing, just send the bolt in and see what happens. I was reading Randy's posts (the owner/operator of CPC) over at RimfireCentral and he said that just having the bolt redone was a gamble for an increase in accuracy. Sometimes it works but according to him you're far better off sending him the entire action and having the barrel work done too. He also discounts the services when they are done together. Just something to think about.

Clark

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
My Ruger 77/22 Hornet was capable of the accuracy standard of Ruger, which is 1.5" at 50 yards. I tried every load possible without improving my results. I sent it to CPC for everything: bolt rework, cut the barrel to 20" with target crown, K-Hornet conversion, and trigger job. I have not had a chance to take it out yet but did fire it with some snap caps. His trigger job is outstanding! It has be best trigger of any gun I have ever fired! I have high hopes it will be a tack driver. Time will tell.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
Finally had a chance to shoot my 77/22 Hornet since It came back from CPC. Used Hornady factory ammo to fire form for later reloading. Off a bipod at 100 yards it is easily under an inch. Before, the bullets went all over the place. I think with reloads it will be much more accurate. I could not be more pleased with the results and highly recommend CPC!