50th Anniversary #1A in 308

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I see that Ruger has started taking orders from their distributors for 50th Anniversary #1. Its a #1A in 308 with fancy walnut and 50th markings. I know Bill would not have chosen the 308 chambering, but it tops the list for most factory loads available. AS I understand the ad I saw, a maximum of 1000 will be made and they are pricey. Bob!! 8)

JCW64

Single-Sixer
https://ruger.com/micros/retailerExclusives/img/21308.jpg

Finish Barrel Length Overall Length Length of Pull Weight Sugg. Retail
21308 308 Winchester 1 High-Grade American Walnut Satin Blued 22" 38.5" 13.5" 7 lbs. $2299.00
A Maximum Of Only 1,000* Available!

Well I copied and pasted but it did not paste correctly but those are the specs.
Model 21308 retail price $2299.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Thanks JCW64, for providing the link. One of my distributors e-mailed it to me when I posted it yesterday. Fortunately for me, I have the same rifle without the embellishments. Bob!! :mrgreen:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
With the msrp on that , I bet you see them being liquidated cheap within 6 months of being released because of the lack of sales...

Rocdoc

Buckeye
rugerjunkie said:
With the msrp on that , I bet you see them being liquidated cheap within 6 months of being released because of the lack of sales...

Hope you are correct, that price way too much for me.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Rocdoc said:
rugerjunkie said:

Hope you are correct, that price way too much for me.

It's too much for most of us! Sure , I can afford one but won't spend that much on a No.1. Not many will. Even at the price for a "regular" model. If the wood and fit/finish were better a guy might think about it but it's even a maybe then.

rangerbob

Buckeye
If one has a dealer that really, really, likes you, one could leave the store at around $1700. Even at that, that's twice what I paid for my 308 in 2011. We'll just have to wait and see! Bob! :lol:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
This is the link my FFL sent me. Looks like a similar ordering scheme as the 450 Bushmaster. They will only fulfill orders that are placed between 10/25 and 10/31/17, or when they reach 1000, whichever comes first !

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/retailerExclusive/?d=17061

ohiosam

Bearcat
rangerbob said:
If one has a dealer that really, really, likes you, one could leave the store at around $1700. Even at that, that's twice what I paid for my 308 in 2011. We'll just have to wait and see! Bob! :lol:

I got a quote a little under that. Gotta think about it a few days though.

picketpin

Buckeye
1000 is way too many to be "Rare" For that price I can hold out and buy non prefixes or other #1s with production of 100 or less and be assured of getting killer wood.

Old adage but true: Things deliberately made to be rare and collectable are seldom either.

RWT

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
picketpin said:
1000 is way too many to be "Rare" For that price I can hold out and buy non prefixes or other #1s with production of 100 or less and be assured of getting killer wood.

Old adage but true: Things deliberately made to be rare and collectable are seldom either.

RWT

Yup. My sentiment exactly!

Todd

Ruger's marketing philosophy never ceases to amaze me...shouldn't they have posted this gun with much better pictures on their consumer website to create consumer demand so that the consumers could request them from their local retailers which is supposedly why Ruger created this retailers program?

They are asking retailers in a very down market to speculate on how many of these rifles their customers will want to buy without being able to gauge customer interest or demand.

Bass ackwards in my opinion...

I need more and better detailed pictures before I decide to plunk down $1700.00 on one of these....interested in others thoughts on this 'program'...

JCW64

Single-Sixer
After reading the promo from Ruger, this program is designed for FFL dealers to order a number of limited guns prior to the distributor getting them. This gives the small dealer a chance to order just as many as a larger dealer or until it reaches the limited number. Typically the distributors allocate most hot/desirable new guns to favored dealers. As a small dealer I see this as a plus when a customer can go to his small local dealer and get one ordered and not have to be told " I can't get any due to being a small dealer".

That being said I do think this rifle may be a hard sell and I have not ordered any up front but would special order for customers if asked.

I think the first gun in this program was the Number One in 450 Bushmaster back in the summer but I am hopeful Ruger will do some limited handguns that will be desirable.

I do think the short order period may not be suffucient time for consumers to hear about them and get one ordered from their dealer.

This is my take on this program.

At times like this, I reflect on how lucky I was the day I walked into my local Cabelas and found my No.1A in 308 Win for $999. (New / Factory second)

Ok, mine does have "plain Jane" wood but it is a rifle that has joined my on a hunt or two and I am not afraid to lean it against a cactus or tree.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=232267
The photo's from this thread were lost in the (PB) debacle so here are a few more.

Bill