45 Colt/Lee Loadmaster Shell Plate

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Danny

Single-Sixer
I see that Lee lists two Shell Plate options for loading the 45 Colt on the Loadmaster. I need to buy one or both. Assuming that I am not needing one or the other for cartridges that each is used for, is one of them default for 45 Colt or do I equally need both?

Danny

Danny

Single-Sixer
I talked to Lee today. I had seen either on their site or on the Titan Reloading site that one could use either the 11L or 14L. I asked them them the question above and they were "fuzzy" on the 14L. I just looked at Titan, and they list both. I have the 11L but not 14L. Out of curiosity, I will have to look at Lee's online resources to see what it lists but they said on the phone to use 11L.

Danny

Danny

Single-Sixer
Ok, I talked with Lee again, telling them that Titan did in fact list the 11L and 14L, and that they might want to get them to correct the info. The printed version of the Loadmaster instructions that I have only lists the 11L as the proper choice. I do not know what any possible newer Lee digital instructions or website reference may say. The person checked off of the phone line with some of the other tech staff. What they told her is that the 11L is the preferred default Shell Plate, but some brands or lots of brass could require using the alternate 14L and that the determining factor is rim thickness.

Danny

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
The rim of the 45 Schofield is around .010 bigger than the 45 Colt. The Colt uses size 11 but will work using size 14 of the slightly larger Schofield.

Latest posts