4/08 SR9 Recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I recently had mine serviced. Left on a Thursday evening and was back the following Wednesday. Extra clip and cap included. Unfortunately I have not been to fire it yet.

jocko

Bearcat
isnms":338hl7h5 said:
I recently had mine serviced. Left on a Thursday evening and was back the following Wednesday. Extra clip and cap included. Unfortunately I have not been to fire it yet.

You can't say they aren't trying to make it right with the owners of SR9. They have done an excellent job and I don't read of anyone who is not well satisfied witht he upgrades either. 6 months from now this will all be a dream to most and to the first time buyer, he will be getting a really fine handgun.

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
Wow... two weeks and not a post!!! I guess at 38,924 views and 666 post, this thread has almost run it's course. And whatever happened to DPris, the originator of tis thread?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I guess I would have to say that Ruger did a pretty good job with this recall. I hope they don't go thru this kind of thing too much more as I like this company and would like them to stay around.

DMZ

Bearcat
Ruger called me yesterday and asked me to send my SR9 in. I told her I have been waiting for the rush to be over. She said it was over and she was calling in all the strays. I boxed it up for a pick-up Monday. She said it would be back within 5-7 days.

I was holding off sending it in because I really like the trigger it came with, and I always used the safety when a round was in the chamber. Plus, I have been shooting it quite a bit.

I guess I will have to get use to the new trigger when it comes back.

.44 fan

Bearcat
Just thought I'd keep this going. Got my SR9 back a while ago, fired it that day and love what Ruger has done to it. I don't regret buying a SR9 for a second. But I'm may have pause about being the first guy in my county to have the latest striker fired handgun on the market.

Chortdraw

Bearcat
The new trigger is a great improvement for me. Mine dosen't have a lot of travel and is a crisp release. The more you use it the better it gets. Could be a pound or so lighter but it is not bad when you get use to it.

DMZ

Bearcat
Chortdraw":2gd7pksg said:
The new trigger is a great improvement for me. Mine dosen't have a lot of travel and is a crisp release. The more you use it the better it gets. Could be a pound or so lighter but it is not bad when you get use to it.

I just got mine back. I liked the old trigger, but the new one is not too bad. It will just take a few hundred rounds to get use to it.

I can hardly wait to get started on that. 8)

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
DMZ":2zguyj5s said:
Chortdraw":2zguyj5s said:

I just got mine back. I liked the old trigger, but the new one is not too bad. It will just take a few hundred rounds to get use to it.

I can hardly wait to get started on that. 8)

I got to send my SR9 in, peening it is . I called Ruger today ,they will send out return papers,+ a outside return box, ect.... The lady said she has ONLY heard of this 3 times!!! :shock:

FatRotty

Bearcat
I am debating on sending mine in or not. I love the Pistol just as it is. I have the box and papers just can't bring myself to be without it. Maybe I should just do it and get it over.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
FatRotty":1cg5zl6l said:
I am debating on sending mine in or not. I love the Pistol just as it is. I have the box and papers just can't bring myself to be without it. Maybe I should just do it and get it over.

I really do like mind,but I sent it in 10 days ago,its was peening + some odd wear. I've read some people had to send theirs in 2 or 3 times,that does worry me some! If it looks like they put some effort into parts replacement ,I may just take the chance and TRY to keep it. BUT, if I got to send it back again -I will for sure trade it in! I'd just wait a year or so and have a re look at the SR_? [new model]. Ruger is to good of a company to give up on!

S&W Fan

Bearcat
I just bought mine and i love it, but i noticed the recal info on this forum, and sure enough my serial number satrs with 330. i cant believe scheels kept this on the salesfloor this whole time. why didn't they send it in, if they knew it had to be recalled. about how long will it take for me to get it back, and is it absolutely necessary to send it in? on another note, how can i get night sights for it? i was looking at ctc grips but they dont make for the sr9. and i just order a nice holster from highnoon, and i know that veridan laser wouldnt fit. just curious

jhearne

Buckeye
S&W Fan":2qq8hthp said:
I just bought mine and i love it, but i noticed the recal info on this forum, and sure enough my serial number satrs with 330. i cant believe scheels kept this on the salesfloor this whole time. why didn't they send it in, if they knew it had to be recalled. about how long will it take for me to get it back, and is it absolutely necessary to send it in? on another note, how can i get night sights for it? i was looking at ctc grips but they dont make for the sr9. and i just order a nice holster from highnoon, and i know that veridan laser wouldnt fit. just curious

Hey S&W Fan, welcome to RF.com! You double sure that the SR9 in question hasn't been through the Recall? Not flaming you or anything, just curious, you never stated. I figure that you've physically looked the gun over and shot it honestly.

As for NEEDING to do the recall if your SR9 hasn't yet. There really hasn't been a case of the gun going off that we've seen. Recalls can be both precautionary or a result of real life failures within the design. The downer to being an SR9 owner is that we don't really know the answer to that. It's really up to you, but I can tell you that the trigger will be heavier than if it was pre-recall. There's a sticky on top that I made to help break the SR9 down to the internals and get things polished up if you'd like. Lots of people claim a much nicer pull. Maybe not 'lighter' but smoother than before.

Regardless, the seller should've sent the SR9 in before putting that gun on the shelf. I'd suggest checking out other retailers, but Recall guns aren't a dime a dozen today, only 3 that I'm aware of (SR9, LCP, Sig P238). Don't know if you'll ever run into this problem again, very doubtful. Don't think it really matters if you want them or Ruger to handle the Recall. Ruger handles the postage both ways and is pretty prompt in getting it back, a week without my SR9 for me over a year ago. A week would be a good expectation today.

Ghost Inc. is coming out with a trigger upgrade for the SR9 someday and claims a 3.5 and 5 lb pull after installing either mod they are bringing out.

As for a CTC grip, none yet, though I'd hope they've considered it, they put a CTC on the XD's easy enough....seem an SR9 variant wouldn't be impossible. Night Sites, there isn't much options, some Hi-Viz and other brand tube sights are there. Gotten pretty good reviews on them from what I've read. Just ask in the Semi-Forum for a more direct answer on this though, still on stock sights myself.

Let us know whats up with the SR9 S&W Fan.

Josh

S&W Fan

Bearcat
thankyou jhearne! Appreciate the info. I havnt had any problems with the gun yet, and it looks like quality work to me. Im not positive its been sent in. just that my serial numbers begin with 330. I wonder if i can call Ruger and ask if its already been taken care of. The Scheels here has a great reputation, so maybe im just blowin smoke for no reason. ill look into trigger jobs. anyway glad to be here on the forum!

jhearne

Buckeye
First thing is to take a good look at the trigger, do you see a single Trigger, or a double-trigger-Glocky looking thing....if it's the latter then your in the clear, post recall. The serial number never changed post-recall for any of the guns. Was just a measure for the retailers and Ruger to use to determine how the gun should come from Ruger's factory, recalled or not.

Hope this helps man,
Josh