4/08 SR9 Recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tc scout

Bearcat
RugerMarkIII":1qwt2e0f said:
From a liability standpoint, I wouldn't take this gun out of my safe until it was fixed.
I agree RugerMark III, There is a real liability issue here. Take it to the range or carry and God forbid something happens you are going to have more problems than owning a SR9 if that's possible. This whole mess has a lot of people angered including me. Maybe Ruger should just cut its losses and just offer refunds.

Vecco

Single-Sixer
Does anyone here own a pistol or rifle that does NOT say, IF dropped the gun ,my fire if there is a bullet in the chamber?

Vecco

Single-Sixer
Personally I think there is something wrong with the trigger system, and the DROP Safety is just a quick front for "we have a trigger design problem". I believe it has nothing to do with being "Dropped". We also might have multiple problems and need to get them all fixed and reworked... so "Safty Recall" for drop safety so they get all the guns back... Just a guess.

jhearne

Buckeye
:lol: Vecco, maybe thier covering up an attempt to fix the design flaw in the mags ;).

I honestly think there is a problem in the trigger grouping, am I going to try and doubt them?? No. They have the means to test it, they make the damn thing, thier supposed to know it forwards and backwards. I am not going to spend time making a rig that could danger someone else or myself intentionally.

The gun is supposed to work just fine as is, considering you DON"T drop it. Keep the safety on when you hands aren't firmly holding it to shoot, otherwise keep it unloaded or not, and if so keep that safety on.....

All of you who have a gun up at Ruger right now, I understand the frustration, I'd be fairly pissed too, for those who haven't gotten to shoot it, its a very good gun. I have gotten plenty of compliments on it at ranges.

Those of you who do have the gun need a tad bit more patience, its not rocket science its business, thier trying to keep profits up for investors (I assume), while trying to speed up getting the parts in for the recall. Its not one of those be careful its going to go off in your safe things, its not going to jump off the roof of your house and land just right, it won't shatter in your hands. Its not necessarily the simplest thing in the world, lots of things need to be done just right for every aspect to work 100%. Thankfully mine does, if yours is still in your hands be grateful and get out and shoot the dang thing, if you have another pistol at home, that is capable of doing HD duty put it in the lineup if you haven't already and forget the legal mumbo jumbo. If not, like me, better be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Josh

ltbarber

Bearcat
tc scout":34fkcai4 said:
I wonder, has anyone actually sent an E-mail, letter or made a call to ruger asking for a refund ? Just curious

I did. 10 days ago. I wrote a very respectful letter,explaining that the gun was an xmas present,I am at the 6 month poing of ownership,the gun never worked properly from the start,and now is being held for the recall. I explained that I had lost confidence in the gun,and respectfully demanded a refund. I included proof of purchase,and asked for the wholesale cost of the gun be refunded. That we both give a little,lose a little.

Today,I received a phone call from Joe Kramer at Ruger. He was very kind,and concerned,but said the corporate office will not authorize a refund. He also told me that the original revision of the trigger has been re-engineered. The parts are being manufactured. They still need to be shipped,and installed. We spoke for some minutes. I asked that he personally test the gun after the techs. are done with the recall work. He assured me he would. I sure do appreciate him calling me. I did not expect that. So I guess we wait. That was the first time in over 30 years of handgun buying and ownership that I ever wrote to a gun company asking for a refund. First time I felt I had to. I await the return of the SR9,and will report on my tests.

mekender

Single-Sixer
ive talked with Joe multiple times, my impression is that the bench techs there all personally test the guns they work on, including firing them...

joe himself is an avid competition shooter, so im pretty confident in his ability to test my gun...

backdrafted

Bearcat
Haven't seen it on here yet so here it is per the ruger site.

6/19/08 Update – The redesign has been finalized and the first new parts are arriving. The first wave of shipping boxes has been sent to customers and we are receiving pistols for retrofit daily. We are ramping up our retrofit operation and plan to be retrofitting SR9 pistols at a rate of 1,000 per week by July 1st. Please remember that the pistols will be retrofitted on a first-come, first-served basis, so there may be a delay in receiving your shipping box, depending upon when you registered for the recall. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.ruger.com/SR9Recall/

WOOT! :D

backdrafted

Bearcat
Jerry W":32vkyqjh said:
ltbarber":32vkyqjh said:
My birthday is July 3rd. Wouldn't it be great if...................... :)
Don't hold your breath :wink:

Thats where the wouldn't it be great if comes in. Sometimes I think about trading or selling my SR9 after the recall. Then I break it back out, fiddle with it and my mind changes to I'm keepin it again. Not carrying it until after the recall of course. I do see what he means though. Be like a present when you get it back, birthday or not.

buckeye49

Bearcat
Has anyone received their box from Ruger to ship back their SR9 yet?

I have two SR9s and registered (or whatever) both serial numbers with Ruger back in mid April. :)

MazDAMN

Bearcat
This past weekend we had a gun show, and I asked around about when they'll carry the SR9s again, and they didnt know, and 1 guy said never.

I want one still...

A

Anonymous

I haven't received my box yet and I registered on 4/10, the day after the recall was announced..... :roll:

~~~~~<'{{><

wgoforth

Bearcat
The boxes are not sent out based on when you registered, but they are going in some order based on the serial numbers. They plan to do one lot at a time, and only send the boxes out when they are ready for that particular lot. At least that is what they explained to me on the phone. They ahve actually had mine in hand since mid April, I sent mine in for another repair, and Joe called and said they would like to keep it and do both the repair and the trigger fix at the same time.

buckeye49

Bearcat
wgoforth":3prpby64 said:
The boxes are not sent out based on when you registered, but they are going in some order based on the serial numbers. They plan to do one lot at a time, and only send the boxes out when they are ready for that particular lot. At least that is what they explained to me on the phone. They ahve actually had mine in hand since mid April, I sent mine in for another repair, and Joe called and said they would like to keep it and do both the repair and the trigger fix at the same time.

That is strange; I was told that they would repair them based on a first-to-return basis in order of when we called to register the serial #. It certainly DOES NOT seem right that they'd repair them based on serial # order; that makes no sense.

wgoforth

Bearcat
Lol, welcome to the corporate world, where you get a different answer everytime you call! well, I guess we will all just sit back and see what happens...the ball's in their court now anyway I guess.

buckeye49

Bearcat
wgoforth":35dgz60l said:
Lol, welcome to the corporate world, where you get a different answer everytime you call! well, I guess we will all just sit back and see what happens...the ball's in their court now anyway I guess.

Yes, and based on how they respond to this situation will determine whether I play ball with them ever again, or not.

Dr. Dave

Bearcat
6/19/08 Update – The redesign has been finalized and the first new parts are arriving. The first wave of shipping boxes has been sent to customers and we are receiving pistols for retrofit daily. We are ramping up our retrofit operation and plan to be retrofitting SR9 pistols at a rate of 1,000 per week by July 1st. Please remember that the pistols will be retrofitted on a first-come, first-served basis, so there may be a delay in receiving your shipping box, depending upon when you registered for the recall. Thank you for your patience.

Jerry W

Bearcat
Dr. Dave":2weubdch said:

Based on that, I guess I should get mine back next week since it's been there since 3/21.

tc scout

Bearcat
Dr. Dave":2dfb7z7t said:
July 1st - is that 2008 or 2009 ?