357 Flattop with very rare paper work.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
This gun found its way to me at the show this past weekend. I liked the serial number and made a great deal on it. It also came with a holster and belt with some ammo and this paper work. At first I figured it was just an early Single Six manual. I later then was showing the gun to a fellow collector and noticed this odd leaflet in between the pages of the manual. Well come to find out Ruger never made a manual for the Blackhawk during its early production and just used a Single Six manual and just added this page to it. From what I have been informed this peice of paper is extremly rare. Oh and the lighter also is very rare :shock: :wink:

5800flattop004_zps074f7ce6.jpg

5800flattop003_zpsbb78d09f.jpg

5800flattop002_zpsfa14f92d.jpg

5800flattop001_zpsfb79fca6.jpg

5800flattop005_zps0ad52ea0.jpg

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Sorry Rod, I wish it had the box. He said he would look. I am sure I might have something to fit it, if not I am sure I can find one. Hey what can ya exspect for 4 Bill's :shock: :shock: :shock:

radicalrod

Hunter
Rick that sure is a funny name for a "FRENCH RESTAURANTE" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well I could go on but that's all folks....I guess I will keep my DAY JOB....for now :wink: :wink: :wink: RR.

Wow, 5800 falls immediately after the 5784 thru 5791 string of case-hardened guns late-shipped in early 1958 . . . right in the middle of the 1956 guns like 5800.

Neat find, and that manual is a bonus.

;)

contender

Ruger Guru
Rick, that's amazing. I've needed an original "insert" like that for a while. And you stumble upon one,,, sheesh! Heck of a deal my friend! I also need a lighter like that too! You do get some real goodies!

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Wow Rick,

Nice Gun & Lighter. It really surprises me that you didn't know about the inserts for the early 357's. But then what do you expect from a real auto collector :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dan

Tucsonite said:
Wow Rick,

Nice Gun & Lighter. It really surprises me that you didn't know about the inserts for the early 357's. But then what do you expect from a real auto collector :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dan
I'll second that........................ 8)

Nice snag, and yes, the number is cool too :wink: