35 to 45 boxes of bulk 22 at WalMart over 3 consecutive days

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
I went into WM mid-morning on Friday, and was told I hit the motherload. Six boxes of 1000-round, and 20 boxes of 525s. Then, on Saturday, I walked in at 7am, found myself 8th in line, turns out I got the 8th out of NINE boxes of 555s. Then, last night I saw on the WalMart app that bulk federals were in. Could be 2 boxes, could be 20.

Since I hadn't seen any 22 for at least 2 weeks, that was pretty good.

Note: we should probably add a temporary forum for those of us that feel compelled to update you all on what's in stock...or else a temporary ban.

Apologies.

m657

Buckeye
my local megaWallyWorld hasn't had any for so long the sales guy just looks at me and shakes his head.....he used to give little tips like "shipment comes in Wed 8PM and is on the shelf by Thurs 7am"......but I never ever saw any there in the last 12 months.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Sorry about that.
By the way, I said I "hit" the motherload on that first day.
Actually, I "missed" the motherload.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
My brother in-law got to our local Wal-Mart Monday night and they had just put out a whole cart load of 22 ammo and the person working let him get three of each different brand instead of just three boxes. He got 3-1000 round packs of Winchester 3-325 packs of Federal Automatch 3-550 packs of Federal 36gr bulk and 3-555 Winchester bulk packs. They had put out 1 case of the 1000 round packs 1 case of the 555 packs and about 5 cases each on the federal. He got roughly 7300 rounds for around $380 average cost $.05 per round. I was able to make it and get some each of the Federal. This was the most we had seen in 6 months in one store.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I'm hear reports of .22lr from randomly around the counrty.

But at my vaguely local Wallys that actually sell ammo, they have lost any semblence of predictability of arrival schedules. Several months ago I realized I was spending quite a bit more on gas than I ever could on ammo at three box limit , with at most one out of three having ANY ammo, never mind what I was looking for on purpose.

So if I am otherwise accidently in a Wally , I'll look , but I still have zero expectation.

Meanwhile at LGS's and shooting ranges , they have improved at usually having range ammo in common cals , albeit usually rationed , and at the prices I haven't yet fully accepted as the New Normal.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
I use the Walmart app on my cell phone, or wife's Nook, or even the walmart website to see if anything is going to be in. Only then will I consider going.

But you're right. The fuel spent to buy one bulk box? Not worth it probably, unless they were literally never going to have 22lr again.

Glad to see .22lr ammo is slowly showing up in some of the lower 48 States. Seems like everything shows up last up here in Alaska. I see very little if any of .22lr ammo showing up at any of the smaller guns shops and maybe 2-3 times a month at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Anchorage.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
I hope to see the 550rd. Federal bulk packs back at my local Walmart soon. It's never ceased to run perfectly in any .22 I've owned.

6gun

Hunter
Yup.... just more examples why all the store shelves are empty. :roll:

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
If you purchase based upon leaving some for the next guy you are most likely helping out a gun show gouger more than anyone else...

:?:

6gun

Hunter
True Frank, and until this kind of buying behavior ends the ammo shortage never will, it's far from over.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
No my brother in-law did purchase 7300 rounds and it is the first 22 ammo I have seen him buy in the 12 years I have known him so he is not just hoarding he uses it. Also the ammo he bought will not be sold for $35-$75 for a bulk pack like most people are doing with it so I don't see the problem. I am not trying to make anyone mad but it is all a matter of loking and being in the right place at the right time. The night I refered to in my above post they probably put out 40,000 rounds of 22lr or more and it was gone by the next morning. I tend to look almost every time I am at a Walmart or any other store that would have ammo and I have even bought some and sold it (for my cost) to my local gun store were he sold it for the same price he paid just so he would have some when somebody asked. I do have a big collection of 22lr ammo myself but it has been put to geather over years of buying it up and saving what I liked and I have offered to help out the people that needed some but selling it to them at my cost or donating to our local 4H shooting club because they could not find any so I figure my hoarding is ok with my standards that is all I have to please.

Steve55

Bearcat
ruggedruger said:
I use the Walmart app on my cell phone, or wife's Nook, or even the walmart website to see if anything is going to be in. Only then will I consider going.

But you're right. The fuel spent to buy one bulk box? Not worth it probably, unless they were literally never going to have 22lr again.

What WM app is that?

Latest posts