3 Screw Super Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

B-O-B'03

Bearcat
The rare Super Single Six from '71 is the 4-5/8". It's so rare Ruger didn't even have a box for it. They used a sticker over the printed 5-1/2" box end. 1971 is my birth year, so I collect things from it.
How is barrel length actually measured?

Is it from the face that meets with the cylinder?

Thanks,

-Brian

Yes, Brian from the face of the cylinder to the front end of the barrel, and another one that was just as rare is the RSS4-x same thing no box made just for it ,just an "added" printed white label........

PS your manuals are on their way.......;)

Attachments

• RSS4 X set.....1-.JPG
    RSS4 X set.....1-.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 61

B-O-B'03

Bearcat
Yes, Brian from the face of the cylinder to the front end of the barrel, and another one that was just as rare is the RSS4-x same thing no box made just for it ,just an "added" printed white label........

Thanks Dan, that is very nice of you.

Hopefully I can do something in return.

That RSS4 is a nice looking pistol.

I sent off for my official "letter" from Ruger today... something else to keep.

-Brian

B-O-B'03

Bearcat

Hi Dan,

The manuals arrive in yesterday's mail.

They are excellent, thank you so much for sending them.

-Brian

chet15

Hawkeye
The rare Super Single Six from '71 is the 4-5/8". It's so rare Ruger didn't even have a box for it. They used a sticker over the printed 5-1/2" box end. 1971 is my birth year, so I collect things from it.

Most of the SC4-s were made in 1965. But one SC4 number 61-08522 may have been made in 1971... It is the only SC4 that letters and was squirreled away by Ruger's PR man Ed Nolan.
Chet15

B-O-B'03

Bearcat
Howdy Folks,

We just got back from a 2+ week camping vacation, around the south east and in the pile of mail when we returned was my "letter" from Ruger regarding my little single six.

According to them my "Super Single Six was produced in July of 1971, designated as a model SC-5 and originally shipped to Munson Sporting Good in West Covina CA".

I had pretty much gathered most of that information from y'all, but it is pretty cool that they will provide information on a product that they sold so long ago.

Have a great day and rest of the week.

-Brian