3 screw and 4 clicks (x 2)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

slo poke

Bearcat
.. A picture of my blackhawks (thanks for the tutorial)
ser numbers 31 33xxx and 31 38xxx

frank (slo poke) New Jersey :)

slo poke

Bearcat
@Wyandot Jim
Yes both factory shipped with dragoon style brass frames. Also ser# beginning with 31 33 was shipped with 4 5/8
barrel and returned to Ruger to replace with 6 1/2 to match ser# beginning with 31 38. The only other changes are
the wooden grips were swapped for the pearl grips. I know the clarity of the picture is not the best but if you
can zoom in you may be able to see a difference in the lower Blackhawk barrel.
@ Wendy, Thank You.

Interesting that the barrel has the Eagle on it. I have never seen a 357 barrel with it. Also is the Blackhawk 357, and Eagle on the left side of the frame. Hard to tell in the picture.
For the gun to be worth full value as a collector it needs the 45/8" barrel.
Hope you still have it.
Jim

Here is one that I had that was complete with box and papers. It went to a Forum Member.

slo poke

Bearcat
Jim,
Yes both guns are 357, photo is of left side. I discarded the boxes they were quite deteriorated
over the years of cramming them in and out of the safe.(I wish I didn't) Also I dont have the 4 5/8 barrel for
31 33xxx. I do have the papers. I appreciate the information Jim Thank You.
Here is right side photo....

street

Hunter
Wyandot Jim said:
Interesting that the barrel has the Eagle on it. I have never seen a 357 barrel with it. Also is the Blackhawk 357, and Eagle on the left side of the frame. Hard to tell in the picture.
]

Wyandot Jim, as these old Blackhawks with the brass grip frames were made at the last of the Old Models, by the time it was sent back to be re-barreled they only had the New Model Barrels to put on it. As you know the new Model Barrels had the Ruger Eagle in a circle stamped on it after the address.