3" GP-100 ~ my fave GP-100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BK

Bearcat
I wanted a 3" GP, settled for a 4" which is a great gun. Every photo I see of a 3" GP makes me want one that much more. Dealer has my name if one turns up. He (dealer) called 3 or 4 distributors looking for one a couple of months ago - none out there.

I will own a 3"GP one of these days.

jsoukup

Bearcat
rugerrat":35suvzcw said:
Here is another real nice 3" revolver-a 1988 Ruger HB Speed-Six(Not 2.75")!
P1020155.jpg

I wish someone still made a grip like that for a GP100. New Pachmayr grips just aren't the same. I have a nice set of Pachmayr grippers on a Charter snubbie, and I handled an old Colt Diamondback with something similar. They are near perfect.

DHart

Bearcat
BK":2ka4o257 said:
I wanted a 3" GP, settled for a 4" which is a great gun. Every photo I see of a 3" GP makes me want one that much more. Dealer has my name if one turns up. He (dealer) called 3 or 4 distributors looking for one a couple of months ago - none out there.

I will own a 3"GP one of these days.

BK... 3" GP-100's are something special indeed.... a 4" just won't scratch that itch! :wink: Keep searching.

Terry T

Buckeye
"Rut",
One of the rare Canadian Police re-import, believed to be the Montreal Police Dept. Most are 4" DAO. In any case, the short lug 3" is uncommon and weighs an oz. or two less. Tread is more about shooters than collectors and this is a decedent price. If folks are really lusting after one, the 'buy now' price is reasonable, in my humble opinion. (I already have one). :D
Terry T

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Must. Resist.

I just bought a 5" GP100, and have been thinking I wanted a 3" for carry. But I have a nice pre-lock J-frame .357 (model 60). The GP holds only one more round, and is heavier. But it's a Ruger. Gah.

-- Sam

bub

Single-Sixer
Man, I WISH I had the $$$ for the Gunbroker 3" listed above! Short shroud, old Lett compact stocks and all! One of my dream guns!

Bub

patcannon

Single-Sixer
I see the one on GunBroker is gone. No surprise.

Here's mine, another CAI re-import. I got it 'cause I loved my SP101 but I needed a 6-shooter for IDPA.

Terry T, where'd you get the info about the Montreal police? It'd be cool to know the history of my gun, but Ruger will only tell you when it was sold, not to whom.

rugers800fi7.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye

patcannon

Single-Sixer
Terry T":1055neyx said:
"Patcannon",
Here's a couple of threads.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... t=montreal

The key was the holster with the city symbol for Montreal that was included with one gun. The absence of foreign proof marks suggest that they were not sent over seas and yet they were 're-imported' by CAI. (Century Arms)
Cool, thanks. Mine came with a Safariland holster which I sold, kinda wish I'd examined it in more detail now. It also came with one Safariland Comp II speedloader which didn't work well at all -- I eventually figured out it was the wrong model for the gun.

Terry T

Buckeye
It's a 'strong' price but not unreasonable.

It's always worth a couple of extra dollars to help support a local FFL these days.

I've gotten to the point where an extra $50 or so is not enough to make me turn away from a piece that I want. One can look and look and look to save a couple of bucks and then come up short anyway. I'd say, if you want it and have the funds, go for it. They are getting to be a bit hard to find even though they are in the current catalogs.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Terry T