22LR Rounds Sold Out in minutes!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BuckNaked40

Bearcat
I received an email advertisement from Cabelas this AM and decided to check their availability of 22 ammo. Lo and behold they had Remingtons available for $7.94 per box. (100 rd box). My previous availability checks AWAYS said "not available" A little pricy but considering the fact I can not find it around here I ordered it. They said limit 1 box per order, so I placed 2 orders. When I placed my 3rd order I was informed they were all sold out. WOW! Are you kidding me!

bcam

Bearcat
While things have been crazy, they are definitely improving. I have been buying from private sellers to feedmy 22/45. One local shop has had CCI for $15.95/100. Today, the other LGS had CCI for 9.95 and 300 ct boxes for 29.95.

Other calibers are now appearing with no limits, so the Spring may be coming!

GasGuzzler

Hunter
bcam said:
While things have been crazy, they are definitely improving. I have been buying from private sellers to feedmy 22/45. One local shop has had CCI for $15.95/100. Today, the other LGS had CCI for 9.95 and 300 ct boxes for 29.95.

Other calibers are now appearing with no limits, so the Spring may be coming!

Not here :x

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I just got a case of CCI Blazer. I ordered it in early September. I figured the backorder would be dropped eventually. When I found out it shipped last Satuday, I felt like I'd won the lottery (okay maybe not the BIG lottery, but still :mrgreen: ). Sorry to brag about it, but I have to tell someone. And I can't tell my friends, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Cant find a single bullet at reasonable price...so If anyone has a 500 brick or two...they can let go at something reasonable, let me know...pm me...This is insane! Jayhawk..wanna sell some? NO one has any..unless you want to get raped over at the broker.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
You guys complaining about price are a little silly since there is none at any price for some of us.

Sorry, I don't buy compete units or fuel on the internet yet. Via the internet? Maybe...

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
All though my passion is shooting my 22's, I had a guy at work try to sell me a box of Federal 550 for $80.00 the other day. My guns will just sit untill the ammo companies catch back up. I figure they are running full bore and within another 6 months they will be there. I will not be completely ripped off by these kind of prople. I know that the guy will sell them but just not to me.

8905c

Bearcat
With the assault weapons issue, I guess I can understand shortages of .223, 7.62X39, etc. But I don't understand why there is such a shortage of .22lr ammo?
8905c

57springer

Buckeye
8905c said:
With the assault weapons issue, I guess I can understand shortages of .223, 7.62X39, etc. But I don't understand why there is such a shortage of .22lr ammo?
8905c
trying to figure this out as well :roll: why the 22 shortage ?

GasGuzzler

Hunter
CTD in McKinney, Texas has lots of .22LR. Too bad it was made by someone I've never heard of and priced at $79.XX for 10 boxes of 50 each shrink wrapped together. Also have 225 round single boxes of known maker for $48.XX. No thanks.

No-1

Single-Sixer
You guys are gonna hate me still have some bricks I bought in the 70s for 29 cents a box. Bought 10,000 rounds then got more into centerfire. I do get about 1 dud per 100 so it seems to be holding up ok.

oldbanker

Bearcat
The shortage is real but the huge prices now being charged for .22's is mostly due to gouging by the distribution network according to several shop owners. Prices in my area vary from $28-$65 a brick for CCI ammo. One of the small gunshops said he still is able to by a brick for $16-$21 each and is only upcharging to a flat rate of $28 a brick. He said that his competition is screwing their own customers to take advange of the demand on ammo. He said he has been in contact with a few manufacturers and they state to him that the only reason they have raised prices at all is to cover the increased cost of overtime while trying to keep up with demand. Blame our own gun stores for the unreal prices but as I have discovered, not all stores are gouging their customers.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I don't buy that since that's the only .22LR I've seen in six weeks or more. The ONLY reason that store had it was they are charging so much. No telling how long they had what they had since I got the word it was there at that price a month ago. I didn't even see a single person touch one of those boxes.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
I hope all the people that bought high and are trying to sell even higher get stuck with their products, whether ammo, guns, primers or bullets. The hoarding is rediculous. Things will stabilize and I hope these people eventually go, "oh crap, what am I going to do with this now".

DDDWho

Bearcat
I have about 300 rounds left of Remington High Velocity hollow points from a 1000 round purchase I made years ago. I've bought lesser stuff in the interim and have some of that left as well. I too have been psyched by the limited supply and have been looking around for more at a decent price. So far the prices of what I have found is crazy.. I've quit shooting, guarding what I have and waiting it out.

Badge304

Bearcat
Around Indiana it's still hard to find except the private sellers wanting 30 to 50
$ a hundred .

tguil

Single-Sixer
Lincoln, NE Boy Scouts need a "good deed" or two or three....

http://www.cornhuskercouncil.org/GeneralNews/Donate-22-Ammunition-to-Support-Camp-Cornhusker

gknr4f

Bearcat
i had about 5k rounds when obma got elcted the first time... never stopped buying after that. whenever i was at walmrt id just buy a couple 550s fed boxes.. really adds up after a while. :) was checkin the counter at wal this morn and they had couple k of rem subbys for $3.5 a box of 50. too much $ for me.. ill keep waiting to buy again. im in boise.

GrimJeeper91

Bearcat
Nothing to buy in SoCal. Some local sporting goods stores haven't seen any in a month. I stocked up a couple of years ago so I don't really need any but just keeping an eye out. I admit though, if the price is right I'd snatch some more up.