22LR 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Just when I was about sold on buying the GSG 1911 in 22LR, I start looking at the Sig 1911-22.

Anybody here have experience with the Sig?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Not that model, but I can tell you that the GSG is a very nice gun. I got mine for $275. Around $310 OTD with an extra mag.

REV

87samurai

Bearcat
I have read that the Sig is made by GSG. I looked at both and other than the "custom" grips, can't tell them apart. The GSG does have some extras available- fake can and rail- that the Sig doesn't have.

revhigh

Hawkeye
87samurai said:
I have read that the Sig is made by GSG. I looked at both and other than the "custom" grips, can't tell them apart.

I wouldn't doubt it. Here's mine ... I absolutely loved the black grips rather than the wood grips. The wood grips cost about $30 extra and were the cheapest looking and poorest wood grips I've ever seen on a 1911. Maybe they're better now, but when I bought mine, they were terrible. The GSG's shoot very well, and they're quite accurate, but they're NOT as accurate as a Ruger MK. If you like the ''all dark' look like my gun has, you can have the look and an extra magazine for the same price as the gun with the cheap wood grips. If I wanted wood grips, I'd still get the black gripped gun, and then put the $30 you save into some real nice aftermarket grips. I've always loved the double diamond grip pattern on 1911's, and the black grips are very nice if you like the look.

I like my GSG for steel shooting, dueling trees, and general plinking where it's great to have a 1911 platform, but you don't need the extreme accuracy required for target shooting for group size or score. Not only that, absolutely EVERYBODY at the range wants to shoot it. Everybody loves this gun.

PS ... I absolutely HATE the beavertail. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to pull the trigger, and it won't fire because the beavertail isn't pressed completely. As soon as I find a nice reasonably priced replacement ... it's gone. It really is a nice gun, and I very highly recommend it.

REV

IMG_0008-1.jpg

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
I'm another GSG Believer!

I bought mine about 3 months ago and have no complaints about it becides all of the white lettering on the slide.

I was in the market for a rimfire 1911, and decided on the GSG after research and reading lots of reviews. I'm convinced that it's the best one out there for the money.

Strange

Bearcat
Wife and son gave me one a GSG for fathers day and so far I have about 400 or so rounds down range. Really enjoy shooting it, not as much as my SR9 but its a close second!