.22 Single Six Convertible - Mark 1 Target?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dilburrito

Bearcat
I recently acquired some things from a family members estate. One of them is a .22 Ruger and had a handwritten note saying it was a "Mark 1 Target"

I got on the Blue Book site to figure out more about this thing and it looks like they call it a Ruger New Model Single Six Convertible.

It came with two cylinders, .22LR and .22mag, it has a Bushnell scope with a Ruger/Bushnell labeled scope mount. It also has some sort of a trigger attachment that I have not seen before. The note says it's a 1973 and the SN is 549341. I have the box also, it just says Super Single Six.

I've looked on the web for a Mark 1 Target Ruger and those are semi-auto, obviously very different pistols.

I'm trying to figure out if I have something that was mis-labeled or is it some sort of after market upgrade?

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 105

hittman

Staff member
The trigger has a Tyler Trigger Shoe installed. They were popular back in the day, at least for some shooters. And Tyler is still in business.

You're correct, the MK1 is a 22 semi auto pistol.

Your resolver there is a Super Single Six from about 1968. It is NOT a New Model as those came out in about 1973 and only had 2 screws there between the cylinder and the grips.

Great gun to have. Congrats.

welcome to the Forum, good info above and from the picture looks like the SC-5 Super Single Six has the early Bushnell Phantom scope and base and it appears they only used the rear hole of the base, should be two BUT if its NOT drilled and tapped out on the top strap you'll be further ahead, less "devalue" of the gun that would be "drilled and tapped any "extra " holes...they may have just used the rear, elevation screw hole,,,we hope...... nice gun;)

dilburrito

Bearcat
Appreciate your responses. The notes that came with this thing are obviously wrong, makes me wonder if there is a Mark 1 Target in a box somewhere with the notes for this one.

That trigger shoe is coming off, already pinched the crap out of my finger with the thing. Maybe the owner had a smaller hand or something.

I forgot to mention the box does have the SC-5 designation and the scope mount does appear to only use the one screw, I was eyeballing that right away.

Thanks again guys.

Latest posts