22-45 Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gkgeiger

Bearcat
I recently watched an episode of Guns and Ammo which highlighted the MKIV Target models. They showed a picture of a 22-45 Target (5.5" bull barrel and 33oz.) model with a MSRP of TBD. I called Ruger and asked about this gun and was told there is no such gun. I sure would be interested in a model like this. Anyone else.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Are you sure it was a MkIV? The MkII and MkIII 22/45's were made in that format in the past so the picture may have been an older model. I expect the MkIV will eventually show in that form but it's not been officially announced yet.

chet15

Hawkeye
Watch the show closely...they could have been using a Mark IV pistol model that hasn't been announced yet.
Ruger's own words were that for every Mark III model they offered in 2016...those would eventually make the transition to the Mark IV series.
The only 22/45 grip frame used with the Mark IV at this time are the two LITE models, but...there was a 22/45 in the Mark III with a 5-1/2" bull barrel and replaceable grips...I still look for that one sometime yet this year, maybe by NRA.
Chet15

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Fox Mike said:
Look here: http://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html Looks like a 22/45 to me. :D :D
Yes, we all know about that one. What the OP is looking for is a 5-1/2" bull barrel, either stainless or blue, on a 22/45 frame. They were made in both MkIII and MkII versions but only the MkIII was offered with replaceable grip panels. Apparently the MkIV model is waiting in the wings at the moment.