22/45 Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
This ever come as a Duck Unlimited edition? No joke, I know it's not a waterfowl gun but a local guy claims to have one. :?: :?:

hittman

Staff member
I'll supposedly get a chance to see it tomorrow. I'm guessing that somebody maybe put DU-marked grips on it. Although, he said it's in a red box, is a MKII with a "plastic grip frame" (that's why I'm assuming it's a 22/45) and has a bull barrel but doesn't remember the barrel length.

We're in a pretty rural area here and it wouldn't surprise me if a local group simply changed grips and called it what they wanted. Regardless, he won this several years ago in the DU raffle.

9x19

Hunter
22/45 MkIIs did not have replaceable grips. That feature first showed on factory guns with the MkIIIs.

Ducks Unlimited has commissioned a number of different guns to have their logo put on stocks, etc. to be sold/given as prizes at their meetings. The markings are often done by a third party, rather than the factory.

The National Wild Turkey Federation does the same thing.

hittman

Staff member
Oh, I see. You can tell how much time I've spent studying the 22/45 line of Rugers! :lol:

Anxious to see what he's got ...... or if he really shows up with it. You just never know ......

Latest posts