2014 Pronghorn Antelope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
Well, I cannot say that I have never killed a truely big antelope anymore. This antelope scores 86" as measured by the Texas Big Game Awards guy yesterday. Killed just a few miles from home with my Model 77 .257 Wearherby, I couldn't be more proud. Having overcome some personal obsticles over the past years and a little luck allowing me to connect with this trophy at 432 yards while he was in a slow lope, is almost overwhelming to me. Dr.C :mrgreen:

Don Lovel

Hunter
H O L Y G U A C A M O L E & SPEEDGOAT FAJITAS !

I just saw two nice bucks out in the San Luis Valley on the BACA refuge yesterday when I drove down to Alamosa. Congrats Doc, and break neck shot on the move, nice shooting.
When you posted about a 257 Weatherby, I remember one of my grandpa's friends in Oklahoma being absolutely fanatical about what his handloads in 257 Weatherby could do.

doccash

Buckeye
This guy has 18" length and 7" bases, left prong is 7" right prong is broken and costs 1 1/2". We don't see many of this size here , he is a special one. Dr.C

doccash

Buckeye
DixieBoy: It has Leupold 3x9 Compact on it. It is a Ruger roundtop with Redfield 1 piece base. The rifle is pictured in a recent thread. Dr.C

Very nice a friend and I were just talking yesterday about going on a trip and told him to start thinking about what to go for antelope is on my bucket list and after seeing yours it has moved to the top of my list :) :)

GRAMPS

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
That's a good kill, Doc. I know how tricky those things are to get--smart, wary, very easily spooked, and they have excellent eyesight. Getting closer than 400 yards to one is not easy, and to make the shot at the distance you did requires some skill.

Will you have the head mounted?

Sure Doc, wait until I kill my little one THEN you show us what a BIG one looks like! :D 400 plus yards as it lopes along is a whale of a shot to be sure. Beautiful looking animal, no doubt about it.

Robb

Latest posts