SOLD 2 USA made Buck Knives New in box 366 860

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Reduced at 100 views!

I'm cleaning out some extra gear that I don't need so I have a couple new old stock buck knives.

366 Rival III new in package $27 shipped
REMOVED! Chinuh fake! 860 Hartsook neck knife new in scabbard $00 shipped

Electronic payments preferred. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Cotton McKnight

Bearcat
I am in no way trying to imply that you are doing anything wrong, but I believe you are unknowingly selling a counterfeit Buck 860. A bunch of these counterfeit knives were sold on eBay and Amazon a few years ago with subtle differences between them and the original. The back hole in the knife should be round while the hole on this knife is oval. The split ring on the sheath should be smaller and black. The carabiner should be black with Buck written on it. The box also looks to be a different color from the other box you have pictured. Lots of people were fooled by these counterfeits when they were originally sold. The real Buck should look like the ones below.
1705849457837.png
1705849660328.png

Al James

Hunter
Interesting and THANK YOU for the heads up Cotton Mcknight! Yes, I had no idea as I simply read the knife. Sad to learn that the Chinese have ruined yet another product market with their counterfeits. Looks like it is now a throw away truck knife that I will destroy here!

Interesting that the ad you posted says "New S-clip and paracord" but I do see the oval cut and box color.

FCC!

Last edited:

Cotton McKnight

Bearcat
Interesting and THANK YOU for the heads up Cotton Mcknight! Yes, I had no idea as I simply read the knife. Sad to learn that the Chinese have ruined yet another product market with their counterfeits. Looks like it is now a throw away truck knife that I will destroy here!

Interesting that the ad you posted says "New S-clip and paracord" but I do see the oval cut and box color.

FCC!
I tried to send you a private mail, but I guess I don't have private mail privileges. I didn't want it to seem like I was calling you out on the forum.

Yes, counterfeit knives are problematic. Buck is not the only brand that the Chinese have faked. The knife has value as a user. Probably not as nice as the original Buck, but I am sure that it will still cut. Use it and now don't worry about damaging it. Sorry you had to learn about it now.

Al James

Hunter
No offense taken and I appreciate you reaching out, public or not! I'm glad that it didn't sell or else I would have unknowingly shipped it to some unexpecting buyer. The cycle of deception will end with me. Torture test in 3,2,1.... Thanks again!

As a side note....I watched one of the fakes sell on ebay for $75 a couple days ago. Sad.

Last edited:

Latest posts