2 digit blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Well now, that was entertaining to watch close! It was supposed to close at 6:12 but there has to be a 15 minute quiet period before GB closes auctions.

It was around $2285 this morning and I was planning on a late bid of $3K until I saw it over $4K about 15 minutes before before closing! It sure wasn't done though...

1685228855018.png

Congrats Bill!

Johnnu2

Hunter
I was gonna make some snide remark until I realized it was one of our esteemed members who made the purchase.

Forgive my stupidity, but, besides being a FLATTOP 44, is it the two digit number that made the battle rage like that...???

J.

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I was in to $7600 but felt bad bidding against Bill. I'm "happy" to see I jumped out before someone else did so I don't have to feel as bad now.......;)

I was gonna make some snide remark until I realized it was one of our esteemed members who made the purchase.

Forgive my stupidity, but, besides being a FLATTOP 44, is it the two digit number that made the battle rage like that...???

J.
For me yes, it was the two-digit serial number. You figure there are only 90 two digits while there are over 200 RSSE. If I'm willing to pay the money for an RSSE, why wouldn't I also be willing to pay a similar price for a less common flattop? If my wife hadn't been around and watching I probably would have gone higher, so Bill probably owes her a drink in Ohio this year.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
To broaden the matter, do focus upon the recorded number we recognize being CLOSE to actual RENE records regarding the RSSE. Some 258 produced, yet after all the following 7(!) decades, we have only recorded some 13X of them and of those we know of 18 or 19 of the 20 Spanish variety. I think the current $11 K Blue book value number is low..........(mint gun with factory case) I feel the same way about minty boxed 256 WM Hawkeyes......... Others' opinions may differ............Splitz

Latest posts