SOLD 1957 "All-Blue" Lightweight Single Six LWAC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Of the three primary standard production Lightweight Single Sixes, this is the scarcest configuration with the alloy cylinder that was anodized black to match the frame, giving the revolver a more standard "blued" appearance, very different from the earlier tri-color guns. The cylinders on these were leftovers from the tri-color guns and the black anodizing was applied over the yellowish/green Martin Hardcoat which can be seen through some of the wear spots. Latest RENE consensus price guide has these guns at $1265 for 95% or better examples. This one is a far cry from 95% with considerable wear as seen in the pics. Still, it is a rare Ruger and might serve to fill that hole in your collection. Estimated production quantity of 1600 guns between the serial numbers 205238 and 207260, all from the 1957 era. Original action, not converted, appears fully functional and with all original components.

SPF $630 shipped FFL to FFL

LWAC-206431-1.JPG

LWAC-206431-2.JPG

LWAC-206431-3.JPG

LWAC-206431-4.JPG

LWAC-206431-5.JPG

LWAC-206431-6.JPG

LWAC-206431-7.JPG

BTW, both the tri-color and this all-blue variant were model LWAC (Light Weight, Alloy Cylinder) and the third variation of Lightweight used a blue steel cylinder and those were cataloged as model LWSC.

I requested a letter from Ruger on my Tri-color and I received a call from letting me know that the LWAC nomenclature was not used for the tri-color model, but only for the blued Alloy cylinder model, the later steel model was confirmed as the LWSC model. It made sense to me after I thought about it I for a while, as the first model used just the Lightweight Single Six model designation.