1951 Mark I

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey David I have 3 number 97 guns and one number 96 gun plus a few 23's, a 35 and a 38 but I know where two more 96's happen to hang out :D :D :D just waiting for the call......yes the low numbers are hard to find and add to your pile :lol: :lol: :lol: makes all the hunting worth while....see ya RR.

david knutson

Single-Sixer
I hate to say this but some of the old guys are no longer with us or are selling things off so there faimly dosent give it away I think this is part of the reason the low number things are showing up !..Right now if something was to happen to me and my stuff hit the local gun store the few good ones would be in the store owners retirement fund an the rest would be given away .I do have a list and your name is on it to mabey help out the wife so she could go on a nice long cruse with her boy friend ..hope they enjoy them as much as I do..D.K.

ebatti

Bearcat
My Grandpa left me a Ruger MkI SN: 31064. That worth anything?

It is dead on accurate. I shoot it all he time. Lots of fun.

8pointer

Single-Sixer
rock 22 said:
HI WHAT IS THE SERIAL NUMBER IF YOU DONT MIND AS I HAVE THREE IN THIS RANGE COULD BE A PAIR I HAVE SERIAL NUMBERS 15300- 15386 & 15074

Rock 22 - if you have a MK1 serial number 15386 then we need to talk because I have a MK1 with the very same serial number! :shock: :shock:

8pointer

Single-Sixer
rock 22 said:
Hi

Well I had serial number 15386 but according to my records I sold this to you back in March of 2009.

Mike

I thought you might be the gentleman that I purchased it from, but wasn't certain. Darn, would have been much more fun if it was a duplicate. :D

RugerHound

Hunter
charlies said:
You know I have tried posting pictures..I have several copies of the instructions from photobucket and I can get to step 12 but steps 13-22 are just a waste of time. My 0078 has a crack in the weld just under the bolt and a reader on this forum suggested I send it to him for repair....un number 1749 also a red eagle is in better shape. According to Ruger records 0078 was shipped on the first day. Too bad I did not have the salt box it was shipped in. I don't know if you guys are like me but I also like and collect 5 screw smiths and flatop Rugers, Ballards, 1885's, I886's 1895 specially 405's. Darn there are just so many nice guns and never enough money <vbg>

Charlies... If you want to send some photos to "[email protected]" I'd be happy to post them for you! And you're right about too many guns and never enough $$$!

charlies, I think you'll find that the early two digit guns were not shipped with BOTH boxes,I recall the first ones were wrapped in in newspaper and put in the sald cod box????no cardboard box??

as for the red eagles with the 'same" numbers......................

apair2720rst-4.jpg

story was in a back issue of the RENE...never did find out "why/how"

still have number #0035, or at least whats left of it......
0035parts.jpg

that will show "new2rimfire" what they should look like.......

chet15

Hawkeye
rugerguy said:
as for the red eagles with the 'same" numbers......................

apair2720rst-4.jpg

rugerguy...I don't remember if we discussed this before or not, but the #2720 at the top of your pic would not have left the factory as a red eagle since it has an INC. rollmark.
Still, to have a gun leave the factory like that, with small numbers, would mean that somebody had a connection with the factory to get that one made.
Chet15

OH yes, we have discussed thsi as we noted it was in a story in the RENE some years back, and yes we have BOTH letters as to each gun being a "red eagle,"but obviously as you and I both know, the "Inc" is the deciding factor for the upper (receiver) the small numbers are the "kicker" though, ...oh well

Makes it a LOT simpler and easier when they 'add' the "D"..........

DSCF0005.jpg

8)

SATCOM

Blackhawk
rugerguy,

Did a double take! Then rembered mine (via Street) is 2072.

Can you post the rest of the story about 0035 please?

SATCOM

can't, local 'law enforcement agency' destroyed the gun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
yes, one of them $100 "gun buy back " programs, we knew the owners name, his widow turned it in, threw the box (salt cod) in the trash at the 'agency',alas it is GONE too............ :cry: :( :evil: