10/22 TD CAMO from Big 5 Sporting Goods - CA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mexray

Bearcat
I haven't seen any comments on the 10/22 TD camo stock being offered by Big 5...

I recently bought one, as I wanted a TD and the 50 year version seemed like a good one to get...

The Big 5 version must be their own special addition;

1. Mossy Oak Camo Stock
2. Satin black finish
3. Model #11138
4. Catalog No. 10/22-TDTMI
5. Mini-14 style Flash Hider
6. Tan TD carry bag
7. One 10 rd Mag
8. Scope rail mount w/screws

I've already installed some upgrade parts to customize a bit similar to my other 10/22's...

My question is - Does anyone know if the Flash Hider is screwed onto the barrel similar to the Tactical versions..? It appears as if it is threaded, there are two 'flats' for a wrench on the FH, but I wonder if Ruger welds/brazes it to the barrel for sale in Ca..? Guess I can try to remove it, but I don't want to screw up the Satin Black finish...

Comments, anyone..?

Mexray

Bearcat
As follow up, I see that this 10/22 Camo TD is on sale at Big 5 this week (at least in Nor-Cal) for $379....

Pyzon

Bearcat
Yep, it is threaded. Threads are the common 1/2"X28. I took mine off and installed a standard thread protector, as I think this tactical stuff is silly on a .22. But a suppressor would not be silly...

Tape the flats and use a vise if you have one to avoid messing things up.

clbshooter

Single-Sixer
You may want to check further. I believe it is illegal to sell a rifle in ca. that has a removable flash hider. This may only pertain to center fire. Go to www.calguns.net and ask there. It is not worth buggering up the barrel before you know for sure.