10/22 TD CAMO from Big 5 Sporting Goods - CA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mexray

Bearcat
I haven't seen any comments on the 10/22 TD camo stock being offered by Big 5...

I recently bought one, as I wanted a TD and the 50 year version seemed like a good one to get...

The Big 5 version must be their own special addition;

1. Mossy Oak Camo Stock
2. Satin black finish
3. Model #11138
4. Catalog No. 10/22-TDTMI
5. Mini-14 style Flash Hider
6. Tan TD carry bag
7. One 10 rd Mag
8. Scope rail mount w/screws

I've already installed some upgrade parts to customize a bit similar to my other 10/22's...

My question is - Does anyone know if the Flash Hider is screwed onto the barrel similar to the Tactical versions..? It appears as if it is threaded, there are two 'flats' for a wrench on the FH, but I wonder if Ruger welds/brazes it to the barrel for sale in Ca..? Guess I can try to remove it, but I don't want to screw up the Satin Black finish...

Comments, anyone..?

Mexray

Bearcat
As follow up, I see that this 10/22 Camo TD is on sale at Big 5 this week (at least in Nor-Cal) for $379....

Pyzon

Bearcat
Yep, it is threaded. Threads are the common 1/2"X28. I took mine off and installed a standard thread protector, as I think this tactical stuff is silly on a .22. But a suppressor would not be silly...

Tape the flats and use a vise if you have one to avoid messing things up.

clbshooter

Single-Sixer
You may want to check further. I believe it is illegal to sell a rifle in ca. that has a removable flash hider. This may only pertain to center fire. Go to www.calguns.net and ask there. It is not worth buggering up the barrel before you know for sure.

Latest posts