10/22 stripped reciever

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Good luck! Being the important part and the one part that usually remains in most builds, a stripped receiver for the 10/22 is few and far between. Best choice is usually finding a complete used carbine and using it for parts. Shooters Discount occasionally has stripped ones but after shipping and dealer transfer fees, might as well but used locally and at least have a trigger assembly to use as well.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=41&category_id=21

This is a link to Tactical Solutions. They have 10/22 receivers, but they are $475. Depending upon what you want, it might be too much.

I have to agree... for the cost... 150-200 for a good used one... you are better off just buying a whole rifle.. then you got lots of parts left over... once you strip it down to the receiver to play with later on.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Well, one thing to consider is that the aftermarket receivers are of much higher quality than a factory Ruger. Most have an anodized hardcoat of some sort that wears more like an AR-15 and for some, that alone is worth the price of admission. Infinitely better than Ruger's coating.

Coop

Blackhawk
CraigC said:
Well, one thing to consider is that the aftermarket receivers are of much higher quality than a factory Ruger. Most have an anodized hardcoat of some sort that wears more like an AR-15 and for some, that alone is worth the price of admission. Infinitely better than Ruger's coating.

Yes you are correct.

However, the 10/22 is NOT a combat rifle. It is not used in warfare situations like an M-16 or M-4.

It is a .22 LR rimfire fun gun, with a tremendous amount of aftermarket accessories. One can trick it out to appear as a nasty assault weapon, but, it is, and always will be, a .22 LR semi-automatic rifle.

And, I cannot even hunt with mine here in Pennsylvania, even tho' I can shoot dime size groups at 50 yards with it.

Coop

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Coop said:
It is a .22 LR rimfire fun gun, with a tremendous amount of aftermarket accessories. One can trick it out to appear as a nasty assault weapon, but, it is, and always will be, a .22 LR semi-automatic rifle.

And, I cannot even hunt with mine here in Pennsylvania, even tho' I can shoot dime size groups at 50 yards with it.

Hmmm, I guess one of the ones here didn't get the message as it turned into a .17 M2 using some of those aftermarket accessories.

Accuracy doesn't have a bearing on being legal for hunting (as evidence by the idiots that wound game every year). Keep tweaking and that 50yd dime can be a 75yd or 100yd dime. :)

CraigC

Hawkeye
You missed my point, completely. Intended usage is irrelevant, it is undeniable fact that a good anodized hardcoat finish wears FAR better than anything Ruger has ever put on the 10/22. As in resists nicks, scratches, bumps and bruises. Lots of folks bicker about Ruger's finishes and if you're one to refinish your receiver anyway, it's something to consider.