10-22 Fun Gun Tommy Gun Mockup

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wwb

Hunter
That's a lot of change for a couple hunks of wood. For three hundred bucks, it ought to at least include the proper ribbed barrel.
tommy3.jpg

9x19

Hunter
I built one when the kits were first available (quite a few years ago now), and it was fun for a time.

Good quality kit, and no complaints.

1022%20TG_zps0usgyqt2.jpg

rws

Bearcat
That "Squad Leader" version would go nice with my Thompson Submachinegun. My grandsons would love to shoot a .22 LR "replica" of Grandpa's.

10_22%20Thompson%20kit_zpsggxjyx0v.jpg

Thompson_2_zpsafl1ddpj.jpg

Thompson_zpss0wqagpq.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
No. And I don't know anyone who has. Personally, these kind of small caliber knock-offs of classic firearms don't do a thing for me. Waste of time and money, imho. Might as well buy a plastic paintball gun from Toy's R' Us that looks like a Thompson. It would be a lot less expensive. :roll:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
GunnyGene said:
No. And I don't know anyone who has. Personally, these kind of small caliber knock-offs of classic firearms don't do a thing for me. Waste of time and money, imho. Might as well buy a plastic paintball gun from Toy's R' Us that looks like a Thompson. It would be a lot less expensive. :roll:

Me neither Gunny! Either go with the "REAL thing, or don't go at all".

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
D A Wood said:
GunnyGene said:

Is that the full auto or a semi auto reproduction? Either way, great looking gun :mrgreen:

I had the opportunity in VN to fire a few full auto's, including an old Thompson. I'd love to have one now, but don't have the $$$$$. :(

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
GunnyGene said:
D A Wood said:
GunnyGene said:

Is that the full auto or a semi auto reproduction? Either way, great looking gun :mrgreen:

I had the opportunity in VN to fire a few full auto's, including an old Thompson. I'd love to have one now, but don't have the $$$$$. :(

It's select, full or semi auto. This one is a civilian version as sold during early production. Has a very nice blued finish and is very smooth operating. Nothing like the military versions that were pounded out for use in battle. Prices these days are outrageous. Shooting this thing can become very addictive, and costly, when shooting off-the-shelf .45 ACP. Takes longer to LOAD the drum and wind it up than it does to empty it. :lol:

rws

Bearcat
GunnyGene said:

after the May 1986 FOPA passed prices started skyrocketing

I bought several "full-auto's" in the early 80's including the Thompson M1 (new production) for $800, a couple of new Colt M16A1's...rifle for $475 and carbine for $525 and some other NFA items.

YouTube video of some friends shooting my Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=EqLqleJoAtU

tx gunrunner

Bearcat
Personally I prefer the Mac 10 over the Thompson .............It hides real easy and the rate of fire is only 750 fps and silencers just screw on them and they NEVER break .

tx gunrunner

Bearcat
D A Wood said:
tx gunrunner said:
Personally I prefer the Mac 10 over the Thompson .............It hides real easy and the rate of fire is only 750 fps ? and silencers just screw on them and they NEVER break .

Then why settle for a .22 rimfire, semi-auto?

I didn't settle for a 22 rimfire . I also have a Mac 10 since 1981 in my collection . I had 175 guns in my collection at onetime . I'm 74 now and have sold over 90% of my collection and still reducing my collection to CASH .

tx gunrunner

Bearcat
Here is the before and after .

There is 1000's of aftermarket parts for the 10-22 .

They are cheap to shoot and they don't shoot bad either .