10/22 First Time at 100yds

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doc540

Single-Sixer
Well, I do believe this is gonna be fun.

Stock, hammered bull barrel and a budget optic.

20140916_120725_zpsiqsjrqds.jpg

Find some decent ammo made in America and I bet it would do even better.

"Every time I read or see 'Wolf Ammo' I get a bad smell...... (or shoot)

Good shoot'n for sure.... I very seldom even try to reach out to 100 yards with my 10/22s. So, take my comment(s) with about 3 grains of corrosive powder... :)

as for German cars... yep, I drive my wife's all the time... even if they did put a governor on it that limits the speed to 154mph... as for ammo.... well, depends on which side of Germany.... I have some old east german stuff that is just about as nasty as it can get... dirtier than chinese ammo. which begs the question... where exactly is Wolf ammo made?

96/44

Blackhawk
Wolf .22 ammo and their steel cased centerfire ammo are polar opposites. Their .22 is some of the best you can get, without moving up to Lapua, or some of the high end RWS and Eley ammo. The .22 ammo comes from Germany, their steel cased stuff is from the former eastern bloc, and their "Gold" brass cased ammo is from Serbia.

Good information to know.... I've never even considered Wolf 22lr ammo because of shooting their .223 and 7.69x39 stuff.... just plan nasty... I think they have a person at the factory put a drop of mud in each cartridge as it goes down the line.... now the big question is can you actually get Wolf 22 ammo?

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
lipofsky said:
I would be thrilled just have some .22 to shoot, I don't care who makes it. :evil:

I just bought 1,000 rounds at Cabelas, I must of been there at the right moment because I went back 2-days later and they were all out again.

aWoods

Single-Sixer
RE:Wolf Ammo

Wolf is essentially a marketer and distributor. They hire various factories to make the ammo they sell. They try to sell into markets that need to be served. This has resulted in selling match grade 22 that was a great value before it became so popular, as well as bulk ammo for other guns that is often a great value for non-precision type shooting.

As has been mentioned, the 22lr match ammo is made in germany by a factory that is focusing on accuracy. Typical 7.62x39 offerings are made in eastern block factories that focus on affordability.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Nobody has to wonder why they're so popular. Is this a new gun? I keep hearing about how the older ones were better but a sub-MOA group at 100 yards (except for the flyer) out of a semiauto rimfire anything has to make you smile.

:)

doc540

Single-Sixer
NixieTube said:
Nobody has to wonder why they're so popular. Is this a new gun? I keep hearing about how the older ones were better but a sub-MOA group at 100 yards (except for the flyer) out of a semiauto rimfire anything has to make you smile.

:)

brand spankin' new

clbshooter

Single-Sixer
Which scope do you have, and what rings are you using?
I just got a new 10-22 mannlicher and want to mount a scope.
thanks

doc540

Single-Sixer
clbshooter said:
Which scope do you have, and what rings are you using?
I just got a new 10-22 mannlicher and want to mount a scope.
thanks

It's a Mueller scope....best "budget glass" I've found.

Rings are a set of Leupold Quick Release that I had in my parts box.

clbshooter

Single-Sixer
I saw it was a Mueller just wanted to know specs, which model. It looks nice. Do you know what height the rings are? I would like a 4x12 or 14 but don't want the scope to look too big.
thanks

doc540

Single-Sixer
clbshooter said:
I saw it was a Mueller just wanted to know specs, which model. It looks nice. Do you know what height the rings are? I would like a 4x12 or 14 but don't want the scope to look too big.
thanks

Sorry for the lack of info.

It is an extra scope I had, so I didn't buy it specifically for the .22.

However, it works great for precise, rimfire shooting since it has the target reticle and fine dot and will focus down to 20yds.

Rings are medium height, Leupold QRW's.

scope info here: http://muelleroptics.com/mu852550igr

Hope this helps!