10/22 Finger Groove canadian centennial

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stamp Collector

Bearcat
Hey guys, what are these worth? I have been told Ruger only made 2,000 of these in 1967. Then, I have seen sellers who claim more than that. Are they sought after like a regular finger groove? I found one for $450 plus shipping. Supposed to be in really nice condition.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
About that range. Not all that hard to find, and condition is everything. If you can live with that big hole cut into the stock...

Stamp Collector

Bearcat
mohavesam, I completely agree with your analogy of "big hole cut in the stock". I wasn't sure if other folks thought the same as me. I had a buddy once tel me if I was going to settle on a gun with a major imperfection, keep in mind that is where your eyes are going to go every time you pick it up. I really appreciate your input sir.

ten22

Single-Sixer
Price depends on condition and if it is checkered or not. The uncheckered model is the rarer. I think the price quoted is fair for a close to new checkered model. This is the cheapest way to get a checkered fingergroove, by far the best 10/22 imo.

hittman

Staff member
Charlie@1022 said:
I have one of each, checkered and uncheckered. The uncheckered is the rarer of the two.

Hi Charlie .... good to see you here!

Stamp Collector

Bearcat
Hey guys, here is the link to the gun I was looking at. I'm still on the fence, but if someone on here wants to snatch it up, it won't hurt my feelings.

http://www.classicsportingarms.com/rugers-sale/