10/22 Eye Candy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HKMP5

Bearcat
Ruger 66 if you EVER want to sell any of those guns please contact me first those guns does it for me. :p

at99sy

Bearcat
chet15 said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanTN:
<B> Someone please enlighten me about the T/TS in Stainless. According to Ruger, they say that the gun was never made in that configuration (K10-22T/TS). I was told by a Ruger rep at the Shot Show that Mr. Ruger himself stopped production of this gun and gave all the remaining RUGER engraved stocks to employees, she told me she owned one. The receiver/barrel code matches the same production year. I believe this to be a one-of-a-kind factory employee gun, but how would one prove it? Anyone else own a T/TS in Stainless?
Regards, Dan
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's what I have about the standard blue model T/TS (I have not heard of a stainless one):
10/22T-TS. Has two-tone Fajen "Thumbhole Silhouette" stock with "RUGER" inletted in large letters within the cutout of the buttstock. Known s/n range 246-86224 to 246-86729 and 248-47836 to 248-71627. Slightly less than 700 produced. A very scarce and interesting variation.

Hi guys. I just picked up a Ruger 10/22 like the one you are talking about.
I live right down the road from the Newport, NH Ruger plant and supposedly this gun went to an employee and is all factory ssembled. I'm not convinced but the price was right. I am calling them Monday to see if they can help out with the verification of it. It is the Fajen stock w/ruger inletted and it has a black Butler Creek bull barrel, Simmons 3X9 scope, but it has a silver colored receiver. The serial number is 245-91XXX but in front of the 245 is a mark that looks like an asterisk *
or two arrows pointing at each other in an up and down configuration. I don't know much about Ruger guns so I guess my question is this a typical serial number? I'm trying to figure out how to add a picture now.[/img]

at99sy

Bearcat
chet15 said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanTN:
<B> Someone please enlighten me about the T/TS in Stainless. According to Ruger, they say that the gun was never made in that configuration (K10-22T/TS). I was told by a Ruger rep at the Shot Show that Mr. Ruger himself stopped production of this gun and gave all the remaining RUGER engraved stocks to employees, she told me she owned one. The receiver/barrel code matches the same production year. I believe this to be a one-of-a-kind factory employee gun, but how would one prove it? Anyone else own a T/TS in Stainless?
Regards, Dan
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's what I have about the standard blue model T/TS (I have not heard of a stainless one):
10/22T-TS. Has two-tone Fajen "Thumbhole Silhouette" stock with "RUGER" inletted in large letters within the cutout of the buttstock. Known s/n range 246-86224 to 246-86729 and 248-47836 to 248-71627. Slightly less than 700 produced. A very scarce and interesting variation.

The one thing you will want to do however, in order for your gun to have legitimacy in the eyes of a collector, is to see if Ruger will actually letter your 10/22 as a K10/22-T/TS. The reason I say that is that, even if it is known that it came from the factory that way, without some kind of provenance (WBR owned it) or some sort of proof like a factory letter authenticating it (which is really the ultimate authentication), it would not be a recognized variant in most of the eyes of the collector circle. There are just too many one-of-a-kind Rugers out there that are not letterable...most of which have been customized after they left the factory.
Chet15
Hi guys. I just picked up a Ruger 10/22 like the one you are talking about.
I live right down the road from the Newport, NH Ruger plant and supposedly this gun went to an employee and is all factory ssembled. I'm not convinced but the price was right. I am calling them Monday to see if they can help out with the verification of it. It is the Fajen stock w/ruger inletted and it has a black Butler Creek bull barrel, Simmons 3X9 scope, but it has a silver colored receiver. The serial number is 245-91XXX but in front of the 245 is a mark that looks like an asterisk *
or two arrows pointing at each other in an up and down configuration. I don't know much about Ruger guns so I guess my question is this a typical serial number? I'm trying to figure out how to add a picture now.[/img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h446/at99sy/22Custom.jpg

at99sy

Bearcat
22Custom.jpg

Here is the gun from my previous post. Whatever it is it looks sweet! I picked up this one, a Ruger 10/22 Carbine w/walnut stock, Ruger77/22 black composite stock and a Mossy 12ga. First guns I've bought in 15 years.
I think I got the bug again! :p

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Well, first and foremost, WELCOME! :)

Regarding your new 10/22... The * indicates - I believe - it was a "used" gun used either as one at a show or by a sales rep. The barrel is obviously not factory. It's been changed out at some point - Ruger barrels are just that as they make 'em not Butler Creek. Also, I dn't recall any of the T/TS "Ruger" engraved stocks being in stainless either. Regardless, while it has a nice story behind it's origin, it's not factory as it is.
Oh, the part about it being "all factory ssembled"...well, they all are. ;)

Now get out there, as weather allows, and see how it shoots.

Collector1337

Bearcat
Wow, you have a pretty impressive collection, I like it a lot.

I have a question though. Why so many? Do they perform differently? Are some better than others?

Is a bull barrel any better than the regular skinny one?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Collector1337 said:
Wow, you have a pretty impressive collection, I like it a lot.

I have a question though. Why so many? Do they perform differently? Are some better than others?

Is a bull barrel any better than the regular skinny one?

Why not? If one does indeed collect, part of doing so is the accumulating aspect. For others it's simply wanting to have an example of each configuration. Sometimes duplicates - one to tuck away and one to use. (guilty of that myself)
For others it's simply wanting a number of different looks, different models, just to have for whatever reason they choose. I'm in this category. I really enjoy building up the little 10/22 into different configurations with different styles, different looks, themes, etc. Just a branch on the hobby tree. :)

Can't comment as to barrel performance regarding those pictured but a heavy profile, bull, barrel doesn't equate to better performance. It's in the chamber but, and matching the preferred load for that particular barrel and it's rifling. Regular skinny ones can certainly shoot better than a bull depending on a number of factors.

Just to get an idea of what i refer to above about enjoying different styles, etc... Here's the completed ones:

IMG_0725.jpg

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
What is the T/T in reference to? (newbie here). Is that part of the model # for those specific Rugers, a series of Rugers that are still available, or in reference to the type of stock? I do love those two Rugers. Of course, the whole collection is fantastic.

at99sy

Bearcat
at99sy said:
22Custom.jpg

Here is the gun from my previous post. Whatever it is it looks sweet! I picked up this one, a Ruger 10/22 Carbine w/walnut stock, Ruger77/22 black composite stock and a Mossy 12ga. First guns I've bought in 15 years.
I think I got the bug again! :p

Hey Guys, Thanks for the info. I called Ruger today and they confirmed that the receiver on this stock left the factory with a typical wood stock. So someone swapped this ss receiver with the blued one that would have been originally matched with this custom Fajen. OR, an employee took one/was given a Fajen and put it together. I'm shooting it tomorrow to see how it hits. I'm a lefty so I'm not keeping it. Going to a show in Lebanon ,NH t'giving weekend to sell or swap it. Anyone here interested that lives nearby?
I will be keeping the 77/22mag and the 10/22 carbine I picked up in the same package. shootin those tomorrow also :)

at99sy

Bearcat
at99sy said:
at99sy said:
22Custom.jpg

Anyone here interested that lives nearby?
I will be keeping the 77/22mag and the 10/22 carbine I picked up in the same package. shootin those tomorrow also :)

This gun shoot NICE. I'm a lefty and shooting it RH w/thumbhole was a challenge! lol shooting it LH w/thumbhole was a challenge. But first 3 rd group at 75 yrds went in at about 1 3/4" group. I'll be listing this stock on the classified forum today. I want to keep the action and barrel but I cannot use the stock. It's a beauty but doesn't work for me.