#1 question A B V S ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
hello,
i apologize in advance for such a newbie question! if anyone has time, would you tell me the differences in the #1 suffixes? A, B, S, V, etc.

thank you in advance!
ed

rangerbob

Buckeye
"A" designates a lightweight sporter with iron sights and a Henry forearm, "S" designates a medium sporter with iron sights and a Henry forearm, "B" designates a 26" sporter, no sights and a beavertail forearm, and "V" designates a Varmint weight barrel, no sights and a beavertail forearm, and International is a full length forearm and shortish barrel, with sights. Bob!

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
alright, that was so easy, i am going to ask another one! is there a chart somewhere that tells the chamberings available by year? i assume that some are pretty much consistently available, but it seems that some more specialized calibers are offered only for short periods of time.

any info is appreciated!

thanks,
ed

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
ar15ed said:
alright, that was so easy, i am going to ask another one! is there a chart somewhere that tells the chamberings available by year? i assume that some are pretty much consistently available, but it seems that some more specialized calibers are offered only for short periods of time.

any info is appreciated!

thanks,
ed

It sounds as though you have enough interest in the No. 1 to buy the reprint of the Clayton No. 1 book. It, and the Chad Hiddleson's handbook available through the Red Eagle News Exchange are about all you need to answer most No. 1 related questions.
The rest can be answered by experienced folks here and on the Yahoo No. 1 Group as well as the Ruger Collector's Association website.

METLHED57

Bearcat
Also there is no vaccine. Just treatments administered at gunshop checkout counters. Treatments last for varying amounts of time directly based on wallets and wives.

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
man! i was close today! i delivered a car to my son in college, and went into a new gander mountain. they had 3 pre-owned #1s! two of them were 6.5 creedmore 1As. the wood was kinda plain on 1 of them, but the other one was pretty sweet. i went back this morning, and made a valid cash offer, but they wouldn't come down. i left it there, and am back home now, but i was distressed for a while there!

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
alright! i am a #1 owner. kinda. i won the auction, and mailed the m/o. hopefully it will arrive soon!

anyway, it is a .204 1A with beautiful wood from 2005. N.I.B. i got out yesterday, and rounded up some hornady dies, some 32 and 40 grain hornady cartridges, and some 40 gr V-MAXs. oh, and a cleaning rod! i haven't ever had anything smaller than .22!

i am still pondering the 6.5 creedmore cartridge. i may really have the fever!

pics when it arrives!

ed