#1 in 30-06

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I am thinking of getting at #1 in 30-06. I would like your opinion on what model I should consider and what the the cost might be. I am open to either a new model or a GOOD used one.
TNX :p :p

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Bought one yrs back for a project - rechambering to .300 H&H. Bought a pair of the real thing before it got rechambered so now it's awaiting to be sent off for a different project. Never shot the thing so can't comment as to it's performance. Should be relatively easy to find a decent used one in the $750-800 range.

roofinspector

Single-Sixer
I suspect that a lot of sellers would be glad for 700+, at least in my part of the country.

I see Ruger No.1's from 425-1000 depending on various points of view. I stay down in the 400-500 range myself, or move on for the next one.

One might look at some of the guns that have sold on various big internet auction sites for an idea of pricing. One has to bear in mind, prices vary around the country.

Some give a bit more for the No.1A AH iron sighted models over the longer sightless(irons) No.1B's. Same with the wood quality. Lately, I make no such distinctions, only see the action and change the rest in due time; caliber is not important, as it will be changed anyway.

Take a look at the local shops from time to time, look at the sold sections in the internet sites, and just ask around in your locality for pricing that moves product.

The No.1a and No.1b are different in barrel lengths, basically 22 versus 26; both are representative of a nice hunting styled rifle.

Floridaoutdoors

Single-Sixer
Ruger No.1 international 30/06 is a favorite of mine.

Purchased new a couple of years ago for around $900

mjones

Bearcat
I bought a No 1 A in 30-06 a couple of years ago for $800. It's an old model with the adjustable trigger and had just been rebarreled and restocked by Ruger. The price included a Leupold VXII 2x7 scope. This has become one of my favorite deer rifles. It replaced a No 1 B in 7 Mag. That 26" heavy barrel was great from a bench, but not so much fun carrying all day in the field.

Mike

Major T

Blackhawk
For hunting on foot, an international or 1A. For stand, blind, hide, or whatever, I dont see that the weight of a 1B would matter. jack

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
I purchased the 1A in 30-06 last year carried most of the deer season. Love it so far. Accurate, compact in the deer woods and can reach out as far as needed to get that buck. Ammo for the 3006 is abundant and1/2 the price as the newer flashy rounds that are all the rage these days and of course compared every day to the 06.

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
If they would just chamber the 1-S in 30-'06 again, I'd be all over one. Or two.

In fact, I've considered buying a 1-S in 300 H&H just to get close. But one look at the ammo cost + one look at ammo availability cures me of that.

mattsbox99

Hunter
B,A,S,AH... it doesn't matter as long as you get a No. 1. :D They are my favorite rifles. I have a B and A and have hunted with them both. I really didn't think carrying the B was any more difficult than a bolt gun or even my A.