RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm 
Bearcat

What do you do now? You thank God that you weren't hurt.

Cheap is as cheap does, and this is not the first reported incident from the s&b ammo. I stay away from foreign ammunition altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm 
Blackhawk

Hugh wrote:
Captainjack, it could be that we are now thinking somewhat along the same line. In my earlier post I put the photograph of the last two expended cartridge cases just above what is presumably a photo of a box containing the rest of the expended cartridges from the reported shooting session.

Hugh, those two photos were from two different posters... Different session and I assume different gun. But ya, if they were from the same session it would look like the gun went slightly outta time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 pm 
Hunter

Ruber wrote:
Hugh wrote:
Captainjack, it could be that we are now thinking somewhat along the same line. In my earlier post I put the photograph of the last two expended cartridge cases just above what is presumably a photo of a box containing the rest of the expended cartridges from the reported shooting session.

Hugh, those two photos were from two different posters... Different session and I assume different gun. But ya, if they were from the same session it would look like the gun went slightly outta time.

Oops, you're right. Sorry; that was very careless of me. Even that said, those two cartridge cases were not struck where you would expect in a well timed cylinder. I sure would like to see the forcing cone area and the face of the cylinder. In addition, if the last bullet exited, where it hit.

Thanks very much for inviting my attention to my error. I do appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 pm 
Blackhawk

Hugh wrote:
Even that said, those two cartridge cases were not struck where you would expect in a well timed cylinder.

I totally agree. The two photos do show a nice contrast, at least to my eyes, of what the primers should look like and what they actually did look like. Boy, we can come up with all kinds of stories... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 pm 
Hawkeye

Where's Pfmann :?:

www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 pm 
Single-Sixer

I consider this thread a "post and run"
Sorry, that's just my take...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:55 pm 
Buckeye

Ya know what , the more I look at this post on both forums the more I think the S&B "factory" stuff is reloads !

All I see is the primer ends of cases but no bullet end ????

The S&B bullets are a destinctly different FMJ than anything here in USA .

The Only Thing That Limits A Man Is His Imagination !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 am 
Bearcat

Czech Republic CRAP! Sorry about your gun.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm 
Single-Sixer

My brother has an employee that was shooting a 9mm plastic pistol. I will not say brand as it does not really matter. He had a failure like this one. He called the ammo company and they did not accept blame and sent him a couple of thousand rounds. He called the firearm company and they did not take blame but sent him a new pistol.

My point is call them! These companies are so lawyer/media scared that they will make this go away faster than they pick up the phone to her of your concern. Not that you are looking to reap a reward for your failure but in the long run you will be happy you picked up the phone.

Rugers customer service is top notch. They won,t let you be upset with them.

Post subject: UPDATED INFORMATION
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm 
Bearcat

Please re-read origional post for updates on whats happened since and answers to many of your questions. New images posted also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm 
Blackhawk

Thanks for posting the update and new pics!!! Hope Ruger takes good care of you (and I didn't even notice your son's nails... :lol: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 pm 
Single-Sixer

If Ruger offers to replace your GP, and I think they will, keep in mind the replacement will have the new Hogue grips. You might want to ask Ruger to return the grips that are currently on your GP. They are hard to find now and having both the origional and Hogue would be nice.

Your first post is a very interesting one. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 am 
Buckeye

Is this one of the revolvers that was recalled, due to the cylinders that missed heat treating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 am 
Hunter

Thanks for the additional photographs. I was wondering if there was any indication of the bullet striking the forcing cone and leaving brass residue. I see no indication. Hope you were not injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:05 pm 
Buckeye

I would think it would take more than even a double charge to crack a GP100 cylinder.......it had to be faulty heat treating on the cylinder. The odds of a triple charge are low but possible, but it would still take a heck of a charge to crack that cylinder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next