Looking for Ruger Gunsmith for some minor custom work

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
Just take it over to Shelby Stanger he will hack it down... just kidding.

Gary Reeder will do it and he gets stuff done in a very timely manner.

https://www.reedercustomguns.com

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
3" will be too short for the ejector to work. Closer to 3 1/2" is about the minimum.
Less than that might as well just leave it off and have a Sheriff model.
What to do for a front sight is also part of the question ?
I dovetailed my barrel when I cropped my Vaquero to 3". That gave me windage adjustable sight which was a plus.

needsmostuff said:
3" will be too short for the ejector to work. Closer to 3 1/2" is about the minimum.

Is it possible to rotate the cylinder just a hair, hit the case mouth with the ejector rod, and push the case out that way? That's how I run my Bearcat Shopkeeper. "Works for me."

I have a spare (standard) Bearcat ejector rod that I plan to trim and install on my Shopkeeper. It should eject just fine, using my current technique.

I don't care for the looks, OR the feel, of that curved ejector rod head on the Shopkeeper.

G2

Hunter
Usually when one goes to 3" or less, away goes the ERH assembly.
Just pull the cylinder pin & cylinder and use the cylinder pin as your "push rod"
Reload & Reinstall.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
With my "snubby" 44mag Vaquero heavy loads would be a waste of powder and no fun to shoot. 99% of what it shoots is cowboy level cast bullet stuff and as such most will extract by gravity.
I'm fixing to cut some small "nail nick" grooves under the rims for the budging slightly sticky ones .