XS Sights front sight for the Ruger LCR--they work for me!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jamstutz

Bearcat
I have three LCRs--two of them with the XS front sight. I see Hi-Viz is now making a replacement front sight for the LCR [http://www.hivizsights.com/Ruger-C10.aspx] but I have no experience with that one. I know a lot of folks like fiber optic sights, but I have always had doubts about their long term durability.

The XS sight on the other hand has not budged since installation. it takes a bit of adjustment in regard to sighting--the dot sits above the notch--and put the dot right on your target. Once you get that into your head, tight groups are pretty easy, even on dark targets in low light.

I also have Crimson Trace grips on the LCR I carry the most.

fordm67

Bearcat
I installed the hi viz sight today it seems very sturdy and has a metal base with the litepipe covered with resin I think it will stand up to just about anything, the rear and front sights lines up nice, very bright easy to see easy to install myself.

cpallenjr

Bearcat
Thanks for the update Jamstutz, and to both of you for the info on the hiviz option.

Courtney in Seattle

EnzNow

Bearcat
fordm67":1stvm5qe said:
I installed the hi viz sight today it seems very sturdy and has a metal base with the litepipe covered with resin I think it will stand up to just about anything, the rear and front sights lines up nice, very bright easy to see easy to install myself.

Which color of optic did you get. What is the best color? Does it really make a difference?

Im just glad to see more options coming to market.

-EnzNow

fordm67

Bearcat
I got the red sight they also have green in stock got mine for around 30 dollars