Why can't Ruger ....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

Staff member
Al James said:
The entire thread has been focused on the RAP and now on pg.5 you announce that we are wandering off topic. What am I missing here Rev?

Here's what you're missing ...... the OPs original statement ....... nothing in it about the RAP.

Post subject: Why can't Ruger ....

Produce a semiautomatic center fire pistol that's universally heralded by virtually anyone that knows guns ...

19ontheslide

Bearcat
revhigh said:
19ontheslide said:
Yawn said:
Look through these posts... Rev asked about accuracy and so many people, yourself included responded with sales numbers...

No, he didn't. He didn't ask anything other than a rhetorical question that contained a predetermined supposition within it that was an obvious swipe at Ruger's business practices. What I find fascinating about Rev's continual bashing of the new RAP is that he has never shot one, yet he magically already knows that its accuracy potential is inferior to that of the Sig P320. I wish I had his omniscience; I'd be the next Powerball winner! Until Rev (or you, or anyone else) does a side-by-side comparison of the two guns to determine their relative accuracy, presupposing that the Ruger just has to be worse because it doesn't have the word "Sig" engraved on the slide is nothing more than reverse fanboyism. It's patently ridiculous for anyone to claim to know a weapon's accuracy potential without ever having fired a single example of said weapon.

Making stuff up again, huh ?

I've never once mentioned the Sig,320 ... Have no idea what it even is ... And don't care.

Get your facts straight ... And this thread was NOT about the RAP. If people would actually read and respond to the subject and not make up their own subject the discussion might be better.

REV

Oh, Sweetie..... :lol:

Rev and his ilk will never give Ruger any credit and as I have stated numerous times throughout this thread and the naysayers keep ignoring because they know it is true, they have no basis for an opinion of the RAP or any other Ruger SA unless they own one....every thing else is pure adulterated speculation....and biased opinion.

Every once in a while I engage is these useless threads that change no one's mind because I enjoy a good debate, I consider it mental exercise...as far as thinking that the Ruger haters will suddenly come to see a different perspective is futile,

We shouldn't confuse these naysayers with the facts :lol: as they deal in pure speculation and opinion with no experience to back them up.

And for the record, I do not dislike anyone on this forum, I may disagree with some, but I dislike no one as this is NOT personal, ever! Because I learned a long time ago that one needs to learn to disagree without becoming disagreeable...

I

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Wasn't planning on shooting today but I figured I'd see if my substandard SR9 would fail me. 150 rounds of my reloads later and same result. Fist sized grouping at 25 yards. No malfunctions. Brass landed in a neat pile to my right. Ready for reloading for the next time.

Man, I really WISH I didn't waste my money on such a piece of junk!

Yawn

Blackhawk
19ontheslide said:
Yawn said:
Look through these posts... Rev asked about accuracy and so many people, yourself included responded with sales numbers...

No, he didn't. He didn't ask anything other than a rhetorical question that contained a predetermined supposition within it that was an obvious swipe at Ruger's business practices. What I find fascinating about Rev's continual bashing of the new RAP is that he has never shot one, yet he magically already knows that its accuracy potential is inferior to that of the Sig P320. I wish I had his omniscience; I'd be the next Powerball winner! Until Rev (or you, or anyone else) does a side-by-side comparison of the two guns to determine their relative accuracy, presupposing that the Ruger just has to be worse because it doesn't have the word "Sig" engraved on the slide is nothing more than reverse fanboyism. It's patently ridiculous for anyone to claim to know a weapon's accuracy potential without ever having fired a single example of said weapon.

What part of "seriously... Why?" sounds in any way, shape, or form rhetorical to you?

If any of Rugers cf semi offerings were amazingly accurate, this forum and this thread would be full of responses concerning that accuracy, with you tube video links. I carry an sr45 everyday, am carrying one right now. I drive a Toyota Camry car. THe sr45 is the Toyota Camry of guns. Doesn't make the Camry, or he sr45 bad. But it isn't a Lexus, nor a Lamborghini. In all other types of firearm lines, Ruger makes at least one high end gun it seems. My Ruger 10/22 is unmatched by others. There revolvers are some of the best around...

The question was why not make a high end firearm with a match grade barrel, that can truly shoot 1inch groupings the way you can through many of their revolvers? I own a Ruger cf semi... I shoot Ruger cf semi... It isn't the above. None of them are.

As much as people have come emotionally unhinged here, most have not been able to answer that question. The best I have heard is why should they care to do so. I agree.

As for your notion of needing to own or fire a firearm to know its accuracy potential:

If I base my experience of the firearm line on that one firearm, what if they range I am renting it at doesn't take care of it or didn't clean it. Now the gun is crap because of my one bad experience. I have never driven a corvette... But I know it is a high end performance car. I can read published specs in the car. Doesn't that then make me qualified to discuss those published specs. If then Chevy came out with a corvette that no one discussed how fast it was, wouldn't it then be prudent to begin to infer that there maybe an issue with this latest release?

Sorry, but your reasoning doesn't hold to scrutiny

Yawn

Blackhawk
kbm6893 said:
Last post on this, cause rev already made his mind up, but to the rest of the posters, just WHAT is better about the Glock, S&W M&P, or any other mass produced striker fired weapon? Please don't tell me aftermarket support. 99% of people will never shoot their guns loose, and if you own a Ruger, they'll fix it for you. I don't look at a pistol as something to endlessly customize. The whole after market parts thing is a scam, aimed at mall ninja types who just can't resist dumping more money into a budget gun. After they've spent all that money on customizing their guns, they could have bought an already high end gun and saved themselves the trouble.

Apex makes a trigger specifically marketed for the M&P. Galloway Precision makes one to address the light strikes in the Bodyguard. Glock? Please! 99% of the aftermarket crap that is out there for them is useless mall ninja crap. And they continue to sell guns with cheap plastic sights and a little bitty slide stop that is BEGGING to be changed to something more user friendly, and many people do just that, since an extended slide stop is available.

I guess if I wanted to customize an SR9, I'd have limited choices. But guess what? I DON'T!! I bought it for what it is, a lightweight, reliable, striker fired weapon with a use-able manual safety (unlike the M&P Shield's that is too flush to get a reliable hold on) and magazine disconnect. I line up the sights and I hit what I'm shooting at. Don't ask for anything more.

So taking a Glock and an SR9 to the range, just WHAT is the benefit of the Glock over the SR9?

And as for a "high end gun" to compliment the rest of the line, just WHICH Glock is "high end"? They're all identical from the factory. Putting "high end" in the same sentence as "Glock" is a joke. They're not high end. They're what the Rugers are: mass produced plastic weapons that serve a function. And those competitive shooters using Glocks are being paid to do so, so don't put too much faith in their assessments.

I basically agree with you summation versus Glock (rev didn't lost Smith). I don't think it was viable from revs original list. However, Glock does use consumer beta testing far less than Ruger, and they tend to have less reliability issues then Ruger does because of that fact. I believe that is why Glock appears more high end than Ruger at times. It is why apples OS feels more high end than Microsoft at times.

Yawn

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
Rev and his ilk will never give Ruger any credit and as I have stated numerous times throughout this thread and the naysayers keep ignoring because they know it is true, they have no basis for an opinion of the RAP or any other Ruger SA unless they own one....every thing else is pure adulterated speculation....and biased opinion.

Every once in a while I engage is these useless threads that change no one's mind because I enjoy a good debate, I consider it mental exercise...as far as thinking that the Ruger haters will suddenly come to see a different perspective is futile,

We shouldn't confuse these naysayers with the facts :lol: as they deal in pure speculation and opinion with no experience to back them up.

And for the record, I do not dislike anyone on this forum, I may disagree with some, but I dislike no one as this is NOT personal, ever! Because I learned a long time ago that one needs to learn to disagree without becoming disagreeable...

I

From revs original thread : Ruger makes world class 22 auto loaders, DA revolvers, SA revolvers, rifles, shotguns, AR's, and decent 1911's.

That is big time credit to me! Your statements are again unfounded.

As for you wanting to debate... You have yet to do that. Now you are just trying to change discourse again since your comments have been revealed for the little that they are.

Yawn

Blackhawk
kbm6893 said:
Wasn't planning on shooting today but I figured I'd see if my substandard SR9 would fail me. 150 rounds of my reloads later and same result. Fist sized grouping at 25 yards. No malfunctions. Brass landed in a neat pile to my right. Ready for reloading for the next time.

Man, I really WISH I didn't waste my money on such a piece of junk!

Your SR9 Toyota Camry sounds very similar to my sr45 Toyota Camry. I love my Sr45 and loved my sr9. Not a waste of money and perfect for their intended use. Just don't get offended that people are calling your Camry a corvette. Fist size groupings is what most SRs do. Most sigs do better. The XD m series does better. The original question is why not make the Ruger blank blank m series... Or a one Ruger semi that will truly shoot regular groupings like a sig. And the answer is why should they.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Yawn said:
19ontheslide said:
Yawn said:

What part of "seriously... Why?" sounds in any way, shape, or form rhetorical to you?

If any of Rugers cf semi offerings were amazingly accurate, this forum and this thread would be full of responses concerning that accuracy, with you tube video links. I carry an sr45 everyday, am carrying one right now. I drive a Toyota Camry car. THe sr45 is the Toyota Camry of guns. Doesn't make the Camry, or he sr45 bad. But it isn't a Lexus, nor a Lamborghini. In all other types of firearm lines, Ruger makes at least one high end gun it seems. My Ruger 10/22 is unmatched by others. There revolvers are some of the best around...

The question was why not make a high end firearm with a match grade barrel, that can truly shoot 1inch groupings the way you can through many of their revolvers? I own a Ruger cf semi... I shoot Ruger cf semi... It isn't the above. None of them are.

As much as people have come emotionally unhinged here, most have not been able to answer that question. The best I have heard is why should they care to do so. I agree.

As for your notion of needing to own or fire a firearm to know its accuracy potential:

If I base my experience of the firearm line on that one firearm, what if they range I am renting it at doesn't take care of it or didn't clean it. Now the gun is crap because of my one bad experience. I have never driven a corvette... But I know it is a high end performance car. I can read published specs in the car. Doesn't that then make me qualified to discuss those published specs. If then Chevy came out with a corvette that no one discussed how fast it was, wouldn't it then be prudent to begin to infer that there maybe an issue with this latest release?

Sorry, but your reasoning doesn't hold to scrutiny

Your 10/22 is unmatched by others? Come on now! I love my 10/22 but there are far higher end .22 rifles. First thing most people do for their 10/22's is change out the trigger. Then put on a newer after market barrel. Volquartsen built a whole industry on improving the 10/22. Matter of fact, the 10/22 is exactly like the sr9. Mass produced, reliable rifle.

As for their revolvers being world class, I love my Service Six, but show me one competitor who shoots a Ruger. Their revolvers are tough and reliable. But world class they ain't.

As for "why can't Ruger offer one high end cf pistol?", the answer is because nobody would buy them, and the cost to make them would be more than they made selling them. Sig doesn't sell as many pistols as rugers. You're asking Ruger to fill a niche that doesn't exist. I wouldn't spend 800 bucks on a Ruger. I wouldn't spend 800 bucks on pretty much any handgun. I don't lock my pistols in ransom rests to get the most out of their accuracy because it's a totally irrelevant test.

Rev... we used to have a term for folks like you on the internet.... troll....

Sorry, but it does seem obvious.

Here is my opinion...(limited as it is) I don't like Glocks... have never owned one and have only shot about 3 and one of those was a Glock 18 and so really should not count.... the first was the small 45 and I could not hit a paper plate at 5 yards with it... the second was either a 17 or 19 (can't remember) and I limp wristed the dickens out of it.... but the real reason I don't like Glocks is they are ugly..

I own only P95's and 89's.... and that is my only experience..... hundreds of rounds with little to no problems... as I mentioned 650 in one P95 in December and I graduated from the class.... which included head shots at 7 meters.... hits on these were in a 3x4.5" box and you had under 3 seconds to draw from concealed and do this... this is not shooting single action but using the hard and heavy double action trigger pull.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Rev... we used to have a term for folks like you on the internet.... troll....

Sorry, but it does seem obvious.

Here is my opinion...(limited as it is) I don't like Glocks... have never owned one and have only shot about 3 and one of those was a Glock 18 and so really should not count.... the first was the small 45 and I could not hit a paper plate at 5 yards with it... the second was either a 17 or 19 (can't remember) and I limp wristed the dickens out of it.... but the real reason I don't like Glocks is they are ugly..

I own only P95's and 89's.... and that is my only experience..... hundreds of rounds with little to no problems... as I mentioned 650 in one P95 in December and I graduated from the class.... which included head shots at 7 meters.... hits on these were in a 3x4.5" box and you had under 3 seconds to draw from concealed and do this... this is not shooting single action but using the hard and heavy double action trigger pull.

I'm with you. I'm surprised that they allow Trolls like Rev on here!! :evil:

Yawn said:
Nh Rugerman said:

I

From revs original thread : Ruger makes world class 22 auto loaders, DA revolvers, SA revolvers, rifles, shotguns, AR's, and decent 1911's.

That is big time credit to me! Your statements are again unfounded.

As for you wanting to debate... You have yet to do that. Now you are just trying to change discourse again since your comments have been revealed for the little that they are.

World class is an OPINION...PERIOD. Decent 1911's...HIS biased OPINION....WORLD CLASS SHOTGUNS...(REALLY?). Opinion...HIS OPINION...

In MY biased Fanboi opinion, :roll: RUGER does not make ANY world class firearms. They make quality firearms at affordable prices...if I were a very wealthy man..and money were no object...Ruger's probably wouldn't be on collection..think about it really...don't get me wrong I like most of Ruger's offerings but that was because when I was young, I couldn't afford Smiths, Colts, Hämmerlis, Purdeys etc....(insert your dream brands here!)

I WILL NOT DEBATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS A PRECONCEIVED AND PREDETERMINED CONCLUSION...WASTE OF MY TIME...

My comments are not written for you as your bias and lack of personal experience with the RAP is clear...I don't need to waste my finger strokes frankly..

I believe the RAP family will be a huge success for Ruger but they have released one model (Pro) in two calibers...my experience with the RAP means nothing to YOU or REV...as you know what you know...

I can read thru this thread and see who is in the minority and who isn't....defend away...

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL ! If it wasn't for threads like this one you girls wouldn't have anything to get all hissy about. :D

And this section would be as dead as the rest of the forum except for the political forum.

REV

FergusonTO35

Hunter
ThisThreadDelivers_zpsf875b5aa.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Holy cow .... At first glance I thought that pic was my neighborhood.

Very similar to where I really live.

REV

NixieTube

Blackhawk
I can understand where RevHigh is coming from. He's kind of disillusioned by his lover ;). He wants to see Ruger make a couple of models of truly uncompromising pistols for people who want the best and can afford it. The rest of the world is dividing itself ever more quickly into super-rich vs. ultra poor and maybe it's the case that Ruger should do that - produce a line of guns that aren't affordable by people with incomes that won't also let them buy a new Acura NSX or a nice Kawasaki H2 with the special, once-in-100 years "high water" River Mark on it. $25 grand. You schlubs with the KLR-650s are losers.

And I guess I agree with him - because the fact is that all manufacturers of anything know that the market is going in two big directions simultaneously - WAAAAY high and WAAAAAY lo.

And maybe Ruger will follow suit with a series of pistols that are of uncompromisingly high quality at any price point. I think that's next, really. They'll advertise them in Vanity Fair. Lady Gaga will carry one.

They're going to be guns you can brag about on your yacht when you have people out in the Bay fishing for crab, drinking champagne. Everyone will go "OoooOooooh, is that a Ruger Bejewled?"

NixieTube

Blackhawk
And since WHEN is the Beretta 92 "heralded" by virtually anyone who knows guns? I mean, it's a nice enough pistol, but I wouldn't carry one of those things.

revhigh

Hawkeye
NixieTube said:
And since WHEN is the Beretta 92 "heralded" by virtually anyone who knows guns? I mean, it's a nice enough pistol, but I wouldn't carry one of those things.

I wouldn't either ... But ... It is ....

Glocks and Berettas are certainly way more highly regarded than anything Ruger produces (not here of course) but No matter what the fanbois here proclaim .... Sigs, CZ's, Berettas, and Glocks are used throughout the world both militarily and in LE as well as civilian use ... Ruger's aren't and with their record .... Never will be.

They don't really need to be .... They can sell millions of mediocre plastic guns dirt cheap to the masses ... That's their business model and it works from a corporate point of view ... Just not from a high quality firearm point of view.

REV

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Why are Glocks so "heralded"? Cause the cops carry them? Anybody who knows anything about guns knows Glock got into the striker game at the right time and gave away free guns. Then the rest of the agencies followed suit because "the FBI uses them so they must be great". I've asked several times and have not gotten an answer. What does Glock do better than an SR9? Plastic striker guns are all the same.

Yeah, a Beretta or a Sig are a higher end gun, and their price reflects it. I'm a big Beretta fan, but their popularity came from movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon, the adoption of it by the military as the M9, and the many police agencies in the 90's that used them. And when I see a brand new 92fs go for the same as a brand new SR9, I'll be impressed. But they're at least $150 more. And they don't do anything better than an SR9. When the M9 contract goes away, so will the 92FS. Shame, really. It's my favorite gun. Smooth as silk and quality all the way. But I still shoot my SR9 better on the DA first shot. Pretty even with the SA shots.

And does Ruger even make a shotgun? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.