Who has the lowest sr1911 Serial number?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daddyflea

Bearcat
kevin seyer said:
02166 bought mid may
kevin

Mine is 0220X so you have me beat just a little. Question does your Pistol have the Lawyers Warning under the Shroud? Mine does not.

I am wondering if mine was just missed or if all the lower numbers got out without the warning?

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
daddyflea said:
kevin seyer said:
02166 bought mid may
kevin

Mine is 0220X so you have me beat just a little. Question does your Pistol have the Lawyers Warning under the Shroud? Mine does not.

I am wondering if mine was just missed or if all the lower numbers got out without the warning?

Just another Ruger collectible niche down the road. 8)

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
670-026XX $689 Plus tax at the only store I could find that had one.

1911Grips003.jpg

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Ruger does not produce firearms in serial number order. There are occasions when blocks of serial numbers have been manufactured out of sequence, sometimes years later. Also, within a model family the same serial number prefix may be used to produce a variety of different models, all in the same block of serial numbers. And in some cases, models may be stored for a length of time before they are shipped.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
freakindawgen said:
Ruger does not produce firearms in serial number order. There are occasions when blocks of serial numbers have been manufactured out of sequence, sometimes years later. Also, within a model family the same serial number prefix may be used to produce a variety of different models, all in the same block of serial numbers. And in some cases, models may be stored for a length of time before they are shipped.
And we know this because? :eek:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Copied and pasted off Ruger website. Was wondering why serial numbers were not specific to areas as pics were coming from Colorado,Tenn,with sequential numbers as mine in Mo.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Can't beat the low number, but when I went to pick up mine today, there were two twins with cons numbers. Do not know why, but just had to keep them together. 05933 and 05934.

kevin seyer

Single-Sixer
talked to Ruger service yesterday, he thought they started at 0000 but really wasn't sure seems we would have seen 1 under 2000 by now.
any way mine is on it's way back to prescott. grip safety dont work which wasn't a big deal to me but seemed to be with them. and j cut on the slide wasn't deep enough, beating the heck out of my brass. Can't beat the service prepaid ups label and no promblems. said he had 2 with the slide problem and 3 with the safety issue all early guns as well. guess i'll see how long it takes.
Kevin

Rugerlvr

Bearcat
208packinheat said:
Can't beat the low number, but when I went to pick up mine today, there were two twins with cons numbers. Do not know why, but just had to keep them together. 05933 and 05934.

Hey, how's about letting the rest of us get one before you go back for seconds!

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Interesting, those two were in a bunch of a dozen even that the store HAD IN THE CASE. No shortage at this LGS, and this was his second or third receipt of SR1911's, but others in town haven't seen one yet. Oh well, the old saying, get'em while they're hot, and I did. :)

Now, the problem is which one do I shoot :wink: :wink: :wink: