Whats your Ruger 9MM Favorite?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Limitby9

Bearcat
My P85 MKII stainless. Hundreds of rounds and they all went bang! The original - still the greatest!

Old Hammer Boy

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
GKC said:
WVGIRL said:
You need to get an UpLula mag loader. Once you have one, you'll be spoiled....I can't even load a magazine to capacity by hand anymore.
+100 These things work for nearly any 9 mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP magazine, single or double stack. Best money you will ever spend.

...And it's manufactured in Israel. Any time I can help out those folks, I'm all in...

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
My very late (August 2007) production P89-it's a superbly accurate, reliable, durable, and surprisingly ergonomic pistol.

Best, Jon

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
I own a P95, Blackhawk Convertible, and LC9. Right now I have been shooting the LC9 the most developing "muscle memory" as it is most likely the gun I'd use for self-defense. I have just started reloading for 9mm and have been using Winchester 124gr FMJ bullets along with Power Pistol or Unique and Winchester small pistol primers, which shoot well in all three guns.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
The wife's nightstand choice is an old P93DAO. DAO--no safety, no switches--just point, pull, & bang! The old '93 requires a bit less hand strength to operate the slide--a big factor in her choice. As for myself, I would choose the SR9C for CCW. Other than CCW, I prefer the standard SR9. Why either? Size, accuracy & reliability.

e3mrk

Bearcat
The only 9mm Ruger I own is a LC-9 and I really like it.
I do have a CZ-75 Tactical but it's a bit big to CCW.

zr1

Bearcat
montegomx70 said:
i do not own one but, when i buy one it will a steel p series.

I didn't think any of the P-Series had steel frames. I thought it was either polymer for the later models or Ruger's aluminum casting for the earlier models.

tcanthonyii

Bearcat
I own 3. P95, SR9c and the LC9. I'm not sure if I like the P or SR better. They serve different purposes. However if I chose just one it would be the SR because it's more versatile to me.

ox92184

Bearcat
Mine has to be my SS Speed Six in 9mm for cool factor and absolutely no recoil... I love that gun

VA Dave

Bearcat
The P95 is my favorite, next the LC9. I'm going to be the odd guy out here but the SR9c was my least favorite (I sold it). It jammed (FTF) periodically even after 300 rounds. The slide was very stiff and you had to be a gorilla to load the mags without a speed loader. It was nice to shoot though. I probably should have sent it back to Ruger instead of selling it. Patience has never been my strong suite. I may buy another one some day and give it a second try.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I think you are right on. The only 9mm ruger I would trust to always fire is the P series. They are accurate to combat standards and tough as nails. However I still would not choose a Ruger center fire pistol over other makes. After owning and firing a slew of Ruger CF autos, the P90, P97 and SR1911 are the only ones that I will keep and are accurate enough for me. I owned 3 p89s and a p91 and they could not hold any sort of decent pattern. Of course I still maintain the 40sw is by design less accurate than the 9mm luger or 45 acp. My favorite hammer 9mm is the 92fs and my favorite striker is the XD9. I use to be a Glock guy in numbers but could never get use to the platform. Sold all but the G21.